Natural Birth & Parenting

WackadooMom
Newborn Poop
April 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM
My son is 2 weeks old and hasn't pooped in 3 days. He seems uncomfortable as though his tummy is upset. He is bfed and has had plenty of wet diapers.

Any suggestions on how to get things moving?

Replies

• larissalarie
    April 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM
    I have no idea, you probably better seek medical care promptly. Two weeks is way to early for a bf baby to start with the not pooping thing. After 6 weeks it wouldn't be a concern you wouldn't "do" anything.
  • Sarah725
    April 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Have you tried just moving his legs like a bike to just get things moving a bit.

• WackadooMom
    April 6, 2013 at 2:04 PM
    Yes. I've tried bicycle legs, rubbing tummy, and stimulating his anus with my finger (no insertion). I just feel so bad for him. I wish I could help him.

Quoting Sarah725:

Have you tried just moving his legs like a bike to just get things moving a bit.

• Mrs.Salz
    April 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I'd probably get medical care at this point :(

• catholicmamamia
    April 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM

This.. not because there was no bm for three days, but because there was no bm and there is discomfort. Hope he feels better soon! 

Quoting Mrs.Salz: I'd probably get medical care at this point :(

• WackadooMom
    April 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    Thanks for the advice, ladies! He finally went and has been so much happier. Yay :)
  • jconney80
    April 7, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    Yay glad he finally feels better!
  • mrssummerlin
    April 7, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    I'm glad your little fella got some relief.
  • jaspersmommy3
    April 7, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    3 to 4 days is normal, any thing long ask your dr. my daughter is always constipated really bad at about a month. and I found children glycrin supositories. Use just half of it, and they will go within second's they are wonderful when they need instant relief. My ped. put my daughter on laxative's cause she has so much trouble going. I switched her to gerber protect and it has helped her wonder's..
  • polkaspots
    April 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    Try a warm bath until you can get to a doctor. It's the easiest and safest way to try to promote pooping in such a small baby.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts