Natural Birth & Parenting

tabi_cat1023
Going from hospital birth to homebirth
February 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Have you done it? I will be doing this this summer and I had 4 hospital births, fully medicated and pit and everything for all 4.  And now this time it will be just me and no meds of any kind.  I am excited but anxious too!  I almost dont know what to expect.  I have watched videos and read stories and seen pictures but this is out of my realm so it makes me nervous.  My last 2 deliveries I was not nervous at all!

I think the only thing that doesnt worry me is the after birth part...no one will take my baby, force bottle, or formula, or vaccines or whatever without my consent.  Baby will not leave me for any reason and that calms many fears of mine.

Replies

• tabi_cat1023
    February 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I am getting more and more excited about this! Thanks ladies

• GeoRocks
    February 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I have never had a home birth but IF we have another I will not be doing another hospital.

My first was induction, epi, pitocin. Couldn't get out of bed for about 6 hours after birth because right leg was so numb and I still have nerve pain.

My second was all natural, pitocin to help deliver placenta ( not choice they did it with out my knowledge) but still felt the typcial hospital pressure, especially because we do not circ or vax.

• tabi_cat1023
    February 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    I am so excited but wow nervous about doing this with no meds no medical help. I know I can but since i havent it makes me nervous

Natural Birth & Parenting