Natural Birth & Parenting

SAHM927
Still TTC...anyone try OTC fertility products?
by SAHM927
February 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM

We are going on month 3 of TTC, AF arrived a couple days ago and I am in the dumps about it. 

I am CD2 today, with a 28-30 day cycle. I'm not sure if my body is still trying to kick the hormones from my IUD or what but I have had no signs of ovulation other than a few hours of cramping when it actually occurs. The first cycle we TTC my luteal phase was only 11 days, this time around it was 13 so I am hoping that is good improvement. I am still nursing my daughter who will be two next month a few times a day so I'm not sure the effect that may be having on my fertility. Also, I have noticed no EWCM (or any other signs besides the cramping the day of O) in the days prior to ovulating, but I will be purshasing OPK this cycle to see if I do get a good LH surge. 

Has anyone tried any fertileaid products, pre-seed, or fertili-tea with success? Anyone else take a little bit longer to conceive after an IUD?

Replies

• moroccanmommy
    February 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM
    I wouldn't worry 3 months is not long. Bfing can affect fertility. I've never tired any otc. Baby dust
  • SAHM927
    by SAHM927
    February 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I know it isn't that long, it just stinks. You think 2 years into BFing it can still affect my fertility? Thank you!

Quoting moroccanmommy:

I wouldn't worry 3 months is not long. Bfing can affect fertility. I've never tired any otc. Baby dust

• JoJoBean8
    February 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    I nursing my almost 2 yr old and have only ovulated once in the past 5 months.
  • moroccanmommy
    February 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM
    Maybe. Some ladies get pregnant ..some don't ovulate. Have u seen if u are ovulating? My fertility Dr told me to do the deed on day s 10-20..(every other). Maybe try that?

Quoting SAHM927:

I know it isn't that long, it just stinks. You think 2 years into BFing it can still affect my fertility? Thank you!

Quoting moroccanmommy:

• SAHM927
    by SAHM927
    February 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

So I guess it could still really effect fertility. Or do you think there may be another reason?

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I nursing my almost 2 yr old and have only ovulated once in the past 5 months.

• SAHM927
    by SAHM927
    February 3, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I do believe I am ovluating because of the cramps I get on O day, I am keeping track using my days, and it is pretty spot on. But other than that I don't notice any other signs that is why I want to try OPKs this time.

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Maybe. Some ladies get pregnant ..some don't ovulate. Have u seen if u are ovulating? My fertility Dr told me to do the deed on day s 10-20..(every other). Maybe try that?

Quoting SAHM927:

Quoting moroccanmommy:

• hillybean1985
    February 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    It took me 6 months after both iud removals, i had luck with taking mucinex for about 3 days before and 3 days after ovulation, it thins out cervical mucas
  • SAHM927
    by SAHM927
    February 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I feel like I am getting none... I purchased some EPO to try this time around. Thanks you. I am hoping we can pregnant soon!

Quoting hillybean1985:

It took me 6 months after both iud removals, i had luck with taking mucinex for about 3 days before and 3 days after ovulation, it thins out cervical mucas

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN