Natural Birth & Parenting

happy41ce
Tubal and breast feeding
February 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Can I still breast feed right after I get my tubes tied?? I plan on having it done the day after I give birth but I'm scared they will have to give my baby a bottle :(

Replies

• MalakbelLacuna
    February 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    I was wondering this myself. My baby is five months Tuesday. I currently have Nexplanon but I really truly hate it and I am 100% sure we are done with kids. I want a career by the time this one is in school.
    I know my supply is well established but I dont know how the pain meds and such will affect baby. I dont even know how long I will be "asleep"
  • larissalarie
    February 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM
    Moms who have a c section can breastfeed. I had to be put under for emergency surgery a couple of hours after my second child's birth, it didn't affect breastfeeding at all. I am sure you can breastfeed after a tubal.

If your husband is even remotely willing to get a vasectomy, I'd pursue that avenue though! After looking into this whole "post tubal ligation syndrome" thing, it concerns me a little.
  • melindabelcher
    February 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    Your fine.
    Baby shouldn't need a bottle. Once your alert enough to safely hold baby your safe to nurse
  • Nicolle_09
    February 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM

you and OP are fine to breastfeed as soon as you can safely hold baby. 

I had emergency c-sections (true emergency) with both  of my sons and started pumping to send milk to the NICU as soon as I could. I was even taken back in with my first and put under and still could pump. 

The pain meds are safe as are most all meds. 

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

I was wondering this myself. My baby is five months Tuesday. I currently have Nexplanon but I really truly hate it and I am 100% sure we are done with kids. I want a career by the time this one is in school.
    I know my supply is well established but I dont know how the pain meds and such will affect baby. I dont even know how long I will be "asleep"

• kfrog13
    by kfrog13
    February 2, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    Yup, you can breastfeed. My mother had c sections with all three of us and a tubal with the third c section and breastfed all three of us. I had a c section and was breastfeeding my baby boy within 2 hours of his birth. I personally did fine with just T3 and ibuprofen after the initial meds wore off.
  • NollynsMommy14
    February 3, 2013 at 3:14 AM

YES YOU CAN! 

• Juniper53098
    February 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Personally, I don't recommend a tubal.  (I have post tubal ligation syndrome.)  But, yes, you can BF after a tubal.

• Sarah725
    February 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    My sister did right after.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts