Natural Birth & Parenting

happy41ce
Tubal and breast feeding
February 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Can I still breast feed right after I get my tubes tied?? I plan on having it done the day after I give birth but I'm scared they will have to give my baby a bottle :(

Replies

• MalakbelLacuna
    February 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    I was wondering this myself. My baby is five months Tuesday. I currently have Nexplanon but I really truly hate it and I am 100% sure we are done with kids. I want a career by the time this one is in school.
    I know my supply is well established but I dont know how the pain meds and such will affect baby. I dont even know how long I will be "asleep"
  • larissalarie
    February 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM
    Moms who have a c section can breastfeed. I had to be put under for emergency surgery a couple of hours after my second child's birth, it didn't affect breastfeeding at all. I am sure you can breastfeed after a tubal.

If your husband is even remotely willing to get a vasectomy, I'd pursue that avenue though! After looking into this whole "post tubal ligation syndrome" thing, it concerns me a little.
  • melindabelcher
    February 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    Your fine.
    Baby shouldn't need a bottle. Once your alert enough to safely hold baby your safe to nurse
  • Nicolle_09
    February 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM

you and OP are fine to breastfeed as soon as you can safely hold baby. 

I had emergency c-sections (true emergency) with both  of my sons and started pumping to send milk to the NICU as soon as I could. I was even taken back in with my first and put under and still could pump. 

The pain meds are safe as are most all meds. 

Quoting MalakbelLacuna:

I was wondering this myself. My baby is five months Tuesday. I currently have Nexplanon but I really truly hate it and I am 100% sure we are done with kids. I want a career by the time this one is in school.
    I know my supply is well established but I dont know how the pain meds and such will affect baby. I dont even know how long I will be "asleep"

• kfrog13
    by kfrog13
    February 2, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    Yup, you can breastfeed. My mother had c sections with all three of us and a tubal with the third c section and breastfed all three of us. I had a c section and was breastfeeding my baby boy within 2 hours of his birth. I personally did fine with just T3 and ibuprofen after the initial meds wore off.
  • NollynsMommy14
    February 3, 2013 at 3:14 AM

YES YOU CAN! 

• Juniper53098
    February 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Personally, I don't recommend a tubal.  (I have post tubal ligation syndrome.)  But, yes, you can BF after a tubal.

• Sarah725
    February 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    My sister did right after.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN