Natural Birth & Parenting

tabi_cat1023
Longest you have waited
January 31, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Whats the longest into a pregnancy you have waited to announce?

I am 14 weeks today and so far my family still doesnt know lol

Replies

• tansyflower
    February 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM

i made the mistake with my first pregnancy of telling EVERYONE right after i found out.  having to untell them (had a missed miscarriage at 14 weeks) was one of the hardest things i have ever done.  so with my next two pregnancies i waited a really, really long time.  i was 5-7 months along before i actually confirmed my pregnancies to anyone other than my very closest family members and friends.

• EthansMomma2010
    February 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM

8 weeks with ds because i told one person and she decided to blab on fb and so i had to tell everyone quick. with the next baby (if it EVER happens) I would try to wait til 20 weeks. but with my mc i was sick and showing at 6 weeks so idk if I can wait that long. :(

• isaacsmommy68
    February 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM

We waited until my first check up with both kids. Saw the heartbeat and u/s and went right to my mom's house.

• 1stTimeMom1982
    February 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM

8 wks family and 12 wks everyone else 

• Sunshine71980
    February 1, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I'm 13 today and DH's family doesn't know yet.

Actually the only reason my family does is because my dad really struggles with holidays since mom died so I sent his Christmas gift as the big announcement.  It was a three piece picture frame with rachel in one pic, a pic of a blueberry (and on it I wrote Due AUG 2013), and a note in the middle frame that said "No matter how many grandchildren you have, you always love each one perfectly."

Our local friends know because I've been a little tired and nauseous.

• hapababies
    February 1, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    "This time I'm considering just posting a pic of the newborn baby as a way of publicly announcing"

That is exactly what I did with my second child. I was going through some deeply painful and personal things at the time, and I just could not deal with anyone's judgment. Also, with it turning into a high risk pregnancy, I could not deal with anyone asking me what was going on. I was pretty fragile emotionally for 39 weeks.
    When I posted my newborns pic on fb, my message box and newsfeed was out of control.

Quoting larissalarie:

Ohhh, so you mean like post on Facebook kinda thing? I've never done that before at least a few months into it. This time I'm considering just posting a pic of the newborn baby as a way of publicly announcing. Lol. In the past I've told my family a couple of weeks after finding out, but I just don't feel like it this time.

To me "announcing" is telling ANYONE outside of the person who helped create the baby and maybe your kids. If your friends and his family know, then it's announced already, your just hiding it from your family.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

My friends and my hubs family already know..though they will all act as though they dont know when I do announce.  My family is not supportive and theres all kinds of complications as to why NOT to tell them too.

I think we will wait til we know the sex

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN