Natural Birth & Parenting

somuchlove4U
I told my mother in law...
January 28, 2013 at 8:07 PM
So I told my mother in law that I'm seeing a midwife. Her facial expression told me how she felt about that. Then I told her that I was going for a natural birth. The shock in her face almost had me rolling on the floor. My husband was trying to explain our reasons and she just said not me I needed drugs!

Replies

• KJH78
    by KJH78
    January 28, 2013 at 8:10 PM

No worries..my husband was skeptical on if I could do natural childbirth. I tend to think I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but he didn't have that impression. I can still remember after our daughter was born (in a hospital) "you did it, you did it". It was pretty cute! You can do it! Good luck to you!

• amazzonia
    January 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM

mils.....why do they always have to be against they dils decisions?!?!?!? can't wait to be pregnant again to tell her that I'll have a homebirth lol for sure I'm going to tape that!

• somuchlove4U
    January 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM
    lol

Quoting amazzonia:

mils.....why do they always have to be against they dils decisions?!?!?!? can't wait to be pregnant again to tell her that I'll have a homebirth lol for sure I'm going to tape that!

• tabi_cat1023
    January 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    Yeah thats people for you lol
  • catholicmamamia
    January 28, 2013 at 11:52 PM

laughing 

• MommaGreenhalge
    January 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM
    LOL. My husband said, "I'm a little afraid of you now." I had apparently made quite an impression in that moment of empowerment. Also, I had screamed at someone to stop telling me how to breathe.

Quoting KJH78:

No worries..my husband was skeptical on if I could do natural childbirth. I tend to think I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but he didn't have that impression. I can still remember after our daughter was born (in a hospital) "you did it, you did it". It was pretty cute! You can do it! Good luck to you!

• vanityrayne
    January 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM
    Hahaha! My hubby was so proud if me! My mil shrugged. We don't get along. So meh.. Happy for you!
  • Mrs.Salz
    January 29, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Way to be supportive :/

• Sarah725
    January 29, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Oh MIL's they are so wonderful aren't they :)

• somuchlove4U
    January 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM
    Very much so. lol

Quoting Sarah725:

Oh MIL's they are so wonderful aren't they :)

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts