Natural Birth & Parenting

Pamela.V.Shoe
Ideas for baby play anyone?
January 24, 2013 at 3:10 AM

My DD is 10 months old and I am no longer working to stay home with her.  My hubby and I are big readers so we have more then spoiled her with books and I have pretty much memorized every single one. What games do/did you kiddos like around this age? We play peek a boo, we play tag, how big is baby,  and I help her play with her toys. 
Please help me out with some ideas.

Thank you mommies!

Replies

• 907PickleMom
    January 24, 2013 at 3:15 AM
    Anything! Sing songs, make stuff up about bath bubbles...tell stories, roll the ball.. Crumple paper.. Roll the crumpled paper.. Lots! Doesn't have to be a structures "game"
  • melindabelcher
    mel
    January 24, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    Putting things in and out of containers, cause and effect, peekaboo, hide toys under blanket while shes watching, simple 3 piece puzzles, copy cat(sounds and actions) read, nursery rhymes, singing, dancing, going for walk
    Look into library groups, hospital groups, call your local early intervention they usually have local playgroups.
    I'm a sahm youngest is 10mo.
  • JoJoBean8
    January 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM

We would play with pots and pans. Make drums from tupperware. Do water play. Lots of sensory activities. 

• polkaspots
    January 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM
    My son loves taking things out of big containers, like baskets. He sits there and takes things out and then put them back in. He's a bit young for the little toys with the hole is them, but he uses boxes and my clean laundry basket.
    He also loves drumming on things with wooden spoons and tents. I put a blanket over a chair, or hanging over the back of the couch and he crawls underneath and hides, or just crawls through.
    He also likes opening the kitchen cabinets and pulling out the pots and pans, but that's not really a game. It's just something he can get away with while mommy's washing dishes.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts