Natural Birth & Parenting

tansyflower
natural pms cures?
January 22, 2013 at 4:38 PM

is there anything you do for pms?  i have been journeling when i am most anxious/have a meltdown and from what i am seeing it is always centered around the week before i get my period.  right now i take xanax but it makes me SO TIRED.  i really want natural pms treatments that can help me get control over myself.

on the bright side have have stooped taking all my sleep medication and am only taking my xanax a few times a months.  so yay for progress!!!

Replies

• mommathea
    January 22, 2013 at 4:47 PM

While trying to get pregnant I started drinking a tea of nettle leaf, alfalfa, and red raspberry leaf. A pleasant side effect, my cycles became more regular, my moods became more even with less Pam's mood swings, my cramming became dramatically less, and my bleeding days became shorter.  

• tansyflower
    January 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM

was it a specific brand of tea?  thanks for the reply :)

Quoting mommathea:

While trying to get pregnant I started drinking a tea of nettle leaf, alfalfa, and red raspberry leaf. A pleasant side effect, my cycles became more regular, my moods became more even with less Pam's mood swings, my cramming became dramatically less, and my bleeding days became shorter.  

• sj3starz
    January 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    Sounds like pregnancy tea. Traditional medicinals makes one. I just bought a pack of 6 boxes on Amazon. You can also buy the herbs online to make your own tea. :-)

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting mommathea:

• mommathea
    January 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I just ordered bulk herbs and mixed it myself.  Equal portions of each. 1tablespoon of herb per cup of water.  I'd make a 4cup batch and drink 2 cups worth each day.

you can add flavored tea bags to add some flavor. 

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting mommathea:

• tansyflower
    January 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM

thanks everyone for the ideas so far!  i know its partially because i am estrogen dominant but i cant bare the idea of starting progesterone therapy again  O.o

• JoJoBean8
    January 22, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Chocolate? =P

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts