Natural Birth & Parenting

Goober2010
Babywearing
January 22, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Does anyone practice babywearing? What wraps do you recommend? I live in central Texas & it gets to be over 100 in the summer.

Replies

• Mrs.Salz
    January 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM

We do! Gauze wraps are great for hot temps.

There are lots of other babywearing mamas here so hopefully someone else will have more suggestions :)

• Mommy2justone
    January 22, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Boba

• kitchen.sink
    January 22, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I use a pocket sling and moby wrap when they're really little and I love my ergo for six months and up. I don't have any suggestions for wraps in that kind of heat... so hopefully some other moms will be able to recommend some for you here. :)

• JoJoBean8
    January 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I like ssc.

• JoJoBean8
    January 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Oh, and I like your sn. My nickname for dh is goober.

• hapababies
    January 22, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    There is a performance Ergo that is supposed to be light weight and breathable.
  • jellyphish
    January 22, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    I live in az where it is 115*+ for four months.

I like different carriers for different ages. I love a ring sling for NB, I think I would have like my mei tai had I had it then too.

I liked a woven wrap next. It gets hot when worn the standard way, but there's a way to wrap that allows t to be a much cooler fit for both of you. I think it's called the cross carry.

I liked the mei tai next because it was cool and it was easier for her to see out of, she is super curious. I also found it to be most comfy.

And now that she's big enough that I need to back carry, I have an ssc.

I also like a pouch sling once she can sit unsupported for something quick to put on that I won't be wearing for long.
  • proudMom2634
    January 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM

We also have a hot climate I use a lightweight SSC, the ABC (Action Baby Carrier) which is cooler, breathable and more comfy than bulky ones. My DH and DD is a little sweaty so having a cooler carrier matters. hope this helps!

• jconney80
    January 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    I love the Boba and I think they make a thinner one called the Air but I have no experience with it. I think gauze wraps are hood in the heat but I wear my kids in the 100 heat in a Boba
  • Sarah725
    January 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    Moby & Boba

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN