Natural Birth & Parenting

justone_jen
no poo
January 15, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I haven't used shampoo since Sunday morning. I did use baking soda and ACV today.

I look like a grease ball! I'm trusting the process, but I feel dirty. :/

Anyway, my main question is how often can I use BS/ACV? I workout five times per week, and I just get gross. Is it okay to use BS/ACV that often?

Also curious about how long everyone's transition period lasted. I know we're all different, but I'm curious.

Replies

• peaches_04
    January 16, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    I always cave after about two weeks and wash it
  • nikzup03
    January 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    I used bs and acv everyday until I could start going a day between. It takes a while for you hair to adjust, it will not happen in the first week or month. I've been doing this since October. I can go a day between maybe two if I dot go anywhere and feeling lazy.
  • nikzup03
    January 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    I also have hard water, I use distilled or cooled boiled water to mix the bs and acv. And rinse in cool water. (Yes it cold!! Brrr) I want to buy a little hook up thing to the shower head with te filter for hard water. They aren't much money. I need to get on that.
  • Sarah725
    January 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    I would use bs/acv every 3rd day.
  • Sarah725
    January 16, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    I dont know how long the transition period would be i caved before i got to that point.
  • justone_jen
    January 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    I've been dissolving mine, too! :)

Quoting NDFanatik:

I switched to natural shampoos first and did that for a year, so my transition time was easier once I made the leap to no poo.  All in all it took me about 3 weeks.  I find that if I wash my air more often my scalp will work harder to replenish the oils, whereas if I take a week from washing and then only do it every 3-4 days then my scalp reacts better and my hair looks better.  But if you want/need to then you can absolutely use it daily.  I'm a manager at a store so I have to look good and that means my hair as well.  I've found that blowdrying my hair helps it to look less greasy for longer.  Cool air so that I don't get heat damage :)  Ooh and one more thing- I find taht *for me* if I dissolve the bs in water before putting it on my hair then my hair feels better.  Not sure why, but I discovered that on accident, lol- I put it in a peri bottle now, shake in hot water, and squirt it on.  

• justone_jen
    January 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM
    Thank you guys!

Natural Birth & Parenting