Natural Birth & Parenting

JMmama
The V word
by JMmama
January 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I had a prenatal appointment yesterday. This is the women's health clinic on base, I had a FANTASTIC experience there with my last baby (now 1), but everyone I know there, including the super awesome OB has moved, as is life with the military. I won't get into the details of my last appointment, but suffice to say the NP I saw was a nitwit. So, I had an appointment with a midwife yesterday. She was fine, really nice and competent. Great. 

However, she was going over my bloodwork and said I do not have immunities to Rubella and that they recommend I get an MMR booster after delivery. We have not vaccinated our youngest and have stopped vaccinating the older kids. I thought to myself, "yeah, I'm not getting that shot". But I let it go because we move in a couple of months so I will be delivering in an entirely different part of the country.

When we left the appointment, my husband asked how I thought the appointment went. I told him I thought it went fine. I liked the midwife well enough and she at least seemed to know what she was doing. She listened to me and didn't blow me off or talk to me like I was a 3 year old. He said, "Good. I thought for a minute we were going to have a problem in there". I asked if he meant when she brought up the shot. He said, "Yes. All I could thinks was... 'Sweet Jesus, you said the V word'. I just prayed you would remember your delivery was happening elsewhere and it wouldn't be an issue". I laughed and said, "Contrary to what may be popular belief I do actually know when to pick my battles". 

I just thought "the V word" was so funny. LOL.

Replies

• gamelas
    by gamelas
    January 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM

funny

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!