Natural Birth & Parenting

melindabelcher
embarrassing birthing noises?
mel
January 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
This is kind of a spin off.
My total natural delivery I lost my focus and was noisy and overwhelmed for about 2-3 contractions. I got ahold of myself realized I was in transition and birthed the rest of the way with minimal noise except to tell dh and ob to "shut up and i'm well aware babies head is half out, it's stretching I'm not pushing yet" I was confident #3 would be the same. But when I lost it in transition I never got a grip. It was an induction and it was just to fast. I actually was crab walking up the bed as she was coming out, I was to out of it to understand or feel her coming out. It wasnt my finest moment.
Im nervous that with future deliveries if other ppl are in the room i would be embarrassed and feel judged.
For those who had extras (beyond so, medical personell) how did you feel about sounding, grunting etc. did you ever lose it?

Replies

• catholicmamamia
    January 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM

This.. my labors are a private event. 

Quoting Mrs.Salz: This is one reason why I don't invite people to my births. I'm working on getting over it, but I'm one of those people who is really self-conscious and continually wondering what people think. I don't want to deal with that while I'm in labor.

• JoJoBean8
    January 10, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    I really didn't care what others thought of my noises. Didn't even give it a second thought.

Natural Birth & Parenting