Natural Birth & Parenting

alibrezzy154
natural stool softeners for babies???
January 8, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I hate hate formula... :( I have cancer so I had to wean him now he's weaned and he's gassy all the time he's constipated and he's just totally unhappy. :( and this is just soy x that by like 10 on regular formula... Ugh.. ok vent over.. so how do I fix his constipation. He's five month's old.

Replies

• peaches_04
    January 8, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    Look into baby massage
    Or chiropractor
  • peaches_04
    January 8, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    Youtube the i l u massage
  • alibrezzy154
    January 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    Quoting peaches_04:

Look into baby massage
    Or chiropractor

That's what I've been doing and push his legs up to his belly and back down which has done wonders.
  • alibrezzy154
    January 8, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Quoting peaches_04:

Youtube the i l u massage

Didn't think of that thank you! I only know a couple.
  • jellyphish
    January 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    Can you look into donor milk? Eats on feets and human milk for human babies have localized fb pages.
  • MaryJarrett
    January 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I would also look into donor milk or making your own formula. Weston A Price has a ton of recipe with their nutritional content. For a baby under 6 months, I wouldn't give anything other than human milk or formula, but I would do the massage and get him to a chiro asap. Good luck! <3 

• alibrezzy154
    January 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    Quoting jellyphish:

Can you look into donor milk? Eats on feets and human milk for human babies have localized fb pages.

I can't afford the price of donor milk. I'm getting wic as far as my formula. I did.think about.checking.cb though thank you!
  • jellyphish
    January 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    Eats on feets and human milk are free. They are simply pages that put you in touch with donees.

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Quoting jellyphish:

I can't afford the price of donor milk. I'm getting wic as far as my formula. I did.think about.checking.cb though thank you!

• mcarsel89
    January 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I have my baby on the Weston A Price baby formula and he has nice breastmilk-like poops 1-2 times a day. It's super easy to make and so much better for them than the powdered crap (powdered constipates my baby too, to the point he bleeds, so I avoid it at all costs). Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.westonaprice.org/childrens-health/recipes-for-homemade-baby-formula

It is also cheaper than powdered. The most expensive part is to gather the ingredients in the beginning. But they last a really long time. We spend about $10 a week on the raw milk.

• Mrs.Salz
    January 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Donor milk should be free. If you buy it from a milk bank, it's been pasteurized and a lot of the nutrients are destroyed.

I second chiropractor, another thing to try is a bath with epsom salts.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts