Natural Birth & Parenting

alibrezzy154
natural stool softeners for babies???
January 8, 2013 at 4:56 AM
I hate hate formula... :( I have cancer so I had to wean him now he's weaned and he's gassy all the time he's constipated and he's just totally unhappy. :( and this is just soy x that by like 10 on regular formula... Ugh.. ok vent over.. so how do I fix his constipation. He's five month's old.

Replies

• peaches_04
    January 8, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    Look into baby massage
    Or chiropractor
  • peaches_04
    January 8, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    Youtube the i l u massage
  • alibrezzy154
    January 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    Quoting peaches_04:

Look into baby massage
    Or chiropractor

That's what I've been doing and push his legs up to his belly and back down which has done wonders.
  • alibrezzy154
    January 8, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Quoting peaches_04:

Youtube the i l u massage

Didn't think of that thank you! I only know a couple.
  • jellyphish
    January 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    Can you look into donor milk? Eats on feets and human milk for human babies have localized fb pages.
  • MaryJarrett
    January 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I would also look into donor milk or making your own formula. Weston A Price has a ton of recipe with their nutritional content. For a baby under 6 months, I wouldn't give anything other than human milk or formula, but I would do the massage and get him to a chiro asap. Good luck! <3 

• alibrezzy154
    January 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    Quoting jellyphish:

Can you look into donor milk? Eats on feets and human milk for human babies have localized fb pages.

I can't afford the price of donor milk. I'm getting wic as far as my formula. I did.think about.checking.cb though thank you!
  • jellyphish
    January 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    Eats on feets and human milk are free. They are simply pages that put you in touch with donees.

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Quoting jellyphish:

I can't afford the price of donor milk. I'm getting wic as far as my formula. I did.think about.checking.cb though thank you!

• mcarsel89
    January 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I have my baby on the Weston A Price baby formula and he has nice breastmilk-like poops 1-2 times a day. It's super easy to make and so much better for them than the powdered crap (powdered constipates my baby too, to the point he bleeds, so I avoid it at all costs). Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.westonaprice.org/childrens-health/recipes-for-homemade-baby-formula

It is also cheaper than powdered. The most expensive part is to gather the ingredients in the beginning. But they last a really long time. We spend about $10 a week on the raw milk.

• Mrs.Salz
    January 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Donor milk should be free. If you buy it from a milk bank, it's been pasteurized and a lot of the nutrients are destroyed.

I second chiropractor, another thing to try is a bath with epsom salts.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN