Natural Birth & Parenting

Nicolle_09
My First Pediatrician Confrontation *Update in Red*
January 7, 2013 at 11:42 PM

After being with her for 4 years! OMG I got so pissed off at her. Apparently now that my son is 4 years old the body cant do its job at keeping his penis clean and we have to retract it and clean between the head and the foreskin. Although the look of shock on her face when I said no and got my son completely dressed and ready to leave was priceless and she sat on the floor next to me aguring with me and speaking practicially directly to my fiance like he was going to back her up lol She finally said it was our choice and that we could take the chance and change the subject lol ya Im really taking a chance trusting my sons body to naturally do what its meant to do *rolls my eyes*

Anyway I would like to send her and the entire office info and keep info in the diaper bag for if we decide to take our youngest there for his one year next month, Im really thinking of contacting the local family doctor here now and talking to him since he took care of me. 

So can I get all the useful links that I can print off?

If you cant read that it says "After 4 years and two kids I will not be bringing either of my sons back to COPA. Im disgusted by how uneducated the pediatricians are on intact penile care of children and how they are telling parents to retract the foreskin which can and does cause damage, infection and pain to the child. You NEVER retract the foreskin, only the child is allowed to do that and it should not be retractable till after puberty. You only clean the outside of it, only clean what is seen. Im posting links in the comments and I hope that your doctors will take the time to educate themselves and stop telling parents lies and inaccurate and harmful info." Its my first step and this publically calls them out about it and I will also be sending them some of the Intact Care packets from The Whole Network. We made the spur of the moment decision today when I drove 20 minutes (COPA is two hours away) to meet up with my mom and decided to see if the clinis that my mom took me to as a child still had my old doctor there and if they took our insurance, yes on both and I know he will not fight me on anything which I love. Now I just have a stack of paperwork to fill out lol and dealing the the pedicatrician office to transfer records and getting a copy of the boy's NICU records incase they want to look at those too. 

Replies

• Nicolle_09
    January 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    Looks like we may have to switch anyway our insurance is changing and might not cover that office. Im dreading looking for a new doctor for them

Quoting LondonsMomma84:

I would not be going back to her after that.

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Im not sure why she was, I was dealing with our youngest and she had him undressed before I knew it (daddy isnt the type either to speak up) and when she went to touch my son near his privates he freaked out and then she asked me to retract him slightly then I freaked out on her. Im glad my son knows that no one should be touching there. 

Quoting Banani263:

Why would she be inspecting anyways? Im not ok with that alone unless I was asking a rash or some kind of "privates" question

• Nicolle_09
    January 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM

BUMP!

• JoJoBean8
    January 10, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    Glad you found a dr you know will be on your side.
  • tabi_cat1023
    January 10, 2013 at 8:29 AM

you dont have to deal with your old office to transfer records, at the new office sign the release forms and they will request the records frm your old office!

• VintageWife
    January 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Glad you found a dr you know will be on your side.
  • vanityrayne
    January 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
    Wtf!!??? O_o?? I'm so sorry momma! Wait? 4 yrs old?? Why was she undressing him anyways? My dd is 2.5 yrs and the last time her pedi looked at her down there was when I asked about a rash when she was like 6 months old!!!! Hasn't been checked down there since then!
  • Nicolle_09
    January 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Most pedicatricains are taught to constantly check little boys testicals. Im not sure if I ever told her not to anymore cause he hadnt been in since he was 2 years old. 

Quoting vanityrayne:

Wtf!!??? O_o?? I'm so sorry momma! Wait? 4 yrs old?? Why was she undressing him anyways? My dd is 2.5 yrs and the last time her pedi looked at her down there was when I asked about a rash when she was like 6 months old!!!! Hasn't been checked down there since then!

• Nicolle_09
    January 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Well thats good at least, Im sure Im going to get a nice call from them though especially after the message I left on their fb page lol 

Im still needing to get all the hospital records though, I hate dealing with the hospital. 

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

you dont have to deal with your old office to transfer records, at the new office sign the release forms and they will request the records frm your old office!

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts