Natural Birth & Parenting

rmgriffberg
soap nuts, RLR, and Charlie Banana (have a question about each of these)
January 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM

ok ill start with the easiest (i hope). at a target by my dads they had cloth diapers in store! they only had Charlie Banana brand. i had a $20 gift card and really didnt need anything so i decided to buy one of the diapers to see how it works (we really need more diapers in our stash...long story). so here is the question have you ever tried them and how did you like them/ what have you heard about them. i only bought 1 and it was free cuz i had the gift card but i would like to know your experiences with this brand.

next is RLR. has anyone used this to strip and how well of a job did it do. we have a top loader thats a little old and we have hard water.

Last but not least is soap nuts. if you have used them did you use them on just cd or all your laundry. does it work well?  we have been using rockin green. we have hard water so we use the formula for hard water, up until recently its been working really well, have you ever had a buildup from soap nuts?

our wash cycle has been a prewash in cold with funk rock (its a product from rocking green to help with ammonia), wash with 2 scoops or soap, and then 3 hot rinses(it was two but since we moved to this apt it has increased to 3 because the washer is slowly dying. maintenance is supposed to come tomorrow to fiz/replace it) even with all the rinses it the diapers smell sometimes and i think its a build up. i want to get some rlr and strip them and then use soap nuts for our laundry and diapers to prevent build up from happening again... but i want to know if the products are going to work before i buy them.

Replies

• jconney80
    January 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    I'm sorry IDK about any of them but I'm curious about the rlr
  • Amberleigh81
    January 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    I just did a strip with RLR today. I am waiting for the diapers to dry. The real test will be tonight. If we wake tomorrow without stink, I will be thrilled!
  • hapababies
    January 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    I have a couple kinds of commercial diapers and Charlie banana is one of my least favorite. It's totally functional as a cloth diaper, so it's more of a preference thing. I have heard that they do have great customer service so if the elastic breaks, or something else malfunctions, they are good about fixing the problem.
  • joyful_mama
    January 7, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I've wanted to try soap nuts. A friend of mine uses them and thinks they are great. I'm interested because I can't use anything with scents and certain chemicals irritate me.

I'm no help I guess. :P

• bloomsr
    by bloomsr
    January 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    At first I didn't like my CBs. Now they are my favorites (above Flip, FuzziBunz one size Elite and Best Bottoms). Sizing the thigh elastic is critical.

I like them bc they are trim and are easier to put on a wiggly 6+ month old than AI2s are.
  • michellefrogs
    January 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I've been using rlr for about 5 months to strip my diapers and I think it works great. I use soap nuts for all my laundry including my diapers. I don't have hard water so I don't know if that affects the soap nuts. The only bad thing about the soap nuts is you have to wash on hot or warm. I wash my clothes on cold. So I usually leave the nuts in the washer with hot water and let them soak for about 5 minutes. You can also make a liquid with the nuts for cold washes. Or you can microwave the nuts in water and then dump everything in the washer. All these tips are on the Eco nuts website which is the brand I use. I like them, though sometimes you have to treat some tough stains before you through in the wash. I really like them for my diapers. I find I don't have to strip my diapers nearly as often. 

• madisonsmom2005
    January 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I'm going to be using gDiapers. They sell them at Babies R Us and at Target, but online only at Target. I have agreed to use just one brand of diaper and stick with it. My best friend uses some Charlie Banana and she seems to like them. I know it isn't her favorite because she seems to like Bum Genius better. As far as the other questions I am of no help. Good luck! 

• Sarah725
    January 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    Ive never heard of any of them.
  • Momma2013
    January 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM

What's RLR?

• rmgriffberg
    January 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups