Natural Birth & Parenting

vanityrayne
I thought babies got their front teeth first!
December 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM
My 4.5 month old has been teething non stop! I expected to see a tooth in the front come through. Nope. I noticed when she chews on her hands it's on her right bottom towards the back. I got her to open her mouth and sure enough! There's a tooth pushing through. It's still mostly under the gum and hard to see but she chomps on my finger and its rock hard and white! I never knew they could get their back teeth before their front.

Replies

• Nicolle_09
    December 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    I thought they got their two bottoms then two tops first (my oldest did). Baby now has one bottom through and three tops coming in lol
  • vanityrayne
    December 28, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    Same here. My oldest dd got her 2 bottom and then 4 top! Just never thought she would get a back tooth first

Quoting Nicolle_09:

I thought they got their two bottoms then two tops first (my oldest did). Baby now has one bottom through and three tops coming in lol
  • larissalarie
    December 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    Sure there's a more typical pattern, but nothing is set in stone. They can come in any order, in pairs, one right after another, one every 6 months, half a, mouthful in a week, etc.
  • Sarah725
    December 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    I've never had that happen to my kids but I'm sure that's fine.
  • joyful_mama
    December 28, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Definitely not typical.

• catholicmamamia
    December 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM

There is a general order in which the teeth come, but as far as I am aware out of order is not anything to worry about..  :o)

• catholicmamamia
    December 29, 2012 at 1:05 AM

All of my little ones had their lower central incisors come in first.

• jconney80
    December 29, 2012 at 1:15 AM
    True

Quoting catholicmamamia:

There is a general order in which the teeth come, but as far as I am aware out of order is not anything to worry about..  :o)

• melindabelcher
    mel
    December 29, 2012 at 9:12 AM

also to add its not uncommon to see teeth come up and gums to swell and then go back down to not errupt for months.  

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts