Natural Birth & Parenting

Amycapl
just found out....
by Amycapl
December 8, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I'm pregnant with our second!! Any and all info and advice you have for a newly Preggo second time mama is welcome!

Replies

• BlessedMammaof2
    December 8, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    Welcome and Congratulations! When are you due and what type of advice are you looking for? Without specific questions my best advice is to be well educated about your birthing choices and make informed decisions.

My name is Aubry. I'm also pregnant with our second little one due next May. I'm planning my first home birth but second natural (unmedicated) birth. Our DS is 21 months old and still breastfed. I hope to continue and tandem nurse but I wouldn't be devastated if he weaned. We also cloth diaper and co-sleep.
  • Brandy85412
    December 9, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Congrats!

• Diamondblue1
    December 9, 2012 at 12:39 AM
    Aww congrats i just had my fourth 3 weeks ago after 9 years. Hope your pregnancy goes well and enjoy every minute even the sickness and being tired because time goes so fast. I can't believe my chunky bunny will be a month next saturday:(
  • lactatingloon
    December 9, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    My dh and I only have one baby right now, but my sister in law is pregnant with ds #2 and from watching her I would say practice! Lol she borrows my baby all the time to practice taking care of a baby and entertaining her toddler so that going from one to two kids won't be as much of a shock when the new baby arrives.
  • Amycapl
    by Amycapl
    December 9, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Thank you!  I don't know my due date yet.. Haven't seen dr.  Assuming the end of August.  I too co sleep with dd. what are your plans for co sleeping when baby arrives? It's is something I've been thinking a lot about!

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

Welcome and Congratulations! When are you due and what type of advice are you looking for? Without specific questions my best advice is to be well educated about your birthing choices and make informed decisions.

My name is Aubry. I'm also pregnant with our second little one due next May. I'm planning my first home birth but second natural (unmedicated) birth. Our DS is 21 months old and still breastfed. I hope to continue and tandem nurse but I wouldn't be devastated if he weaned. We also cloth diaper and co-sleep.

• BlessedMammaof2
    December 9, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    I have been planning on side caring our crib or using our arm's reach co-sleeper for the baby and letting DS continue to sleep in between DH and I. I wouldn't trust DS not to roll on the baby if they were both in bed with us.

Quoting Amycapl:

Thank you!  I don't know my due date yet.. Haven't seen dr.  Assuming the end of August.  I too co sleep with dd. what are your plans for co sleeping when baby arrives? It's is something I've been thinking a lot about!

Quoting BlessedMammaof2:

• EthansMomma2010
    December 9, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    Congrats. My best advice is to read ina Mays guide to childbirth. It put it in such beautiful and easy to understand terms that I actually want to try for a natural birth again. And if you plan to tandem nurse to start reading up on that now!
  • jconney80
    December 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    Congrats! I second any Ina May Gaskin books! I have two LOs 20 months apart and tandem nurse them both. How old is your first?
  • Amycapl
    by Amycapl
    December 9, 2012 at 10:18 PM

DD turns three on the 15th of this month.  She self weaned at 17 months and I let her lead the way. 

Quoting jconney80:

Congrats! I second any Ina May Gaskin books! I have two LOs 20 months apart and tandem nurse them both. How old is your first?

• catholicmamamia
    December 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Congratulations!!!!

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN