Natural Birth & Parenting

melindabelcher
Anxiety
November 29, 2012 at 5:39 PM
2-3 years ago when our life was stable, owned a home both working full time making around $100,000yr I wanted kiddos dh really didn't.

Now in a hotel/shelter, making around 25,000yr I don't want kids but dh does, badly!

we dont like condoms but if he wants it he has to strap up. He sees no problem. He says we already have cloth diapers, plenty of clothes from the current 3 and I bf so theres little to no costs for close to 2yrs (pregnancy-1yo)

Ive been having vivid dreams and flash thoughts about another child about being at the birth center for prenatal appointments, images of me pregnant. I think its from all the anxiety about this. Doesn't help theres a new mama pregnant on here almost every day lol

I dont agree with hormonal birth control and I'm selfish!!! I dont want my period back! so I don't want to go on bc but I dont think I have much of a choice anymore.

I need to book an appointment!!!
ETA-i do want more kids but I just think it would be irresponsible to allow another pregnancy right now. And it's hard to hear dh desperately want another and knowing I should trust God but Im just not there yet.

Replies

• Sarah725
    November 29, 2012 at 6:54 PM

It's a really hard decision, children and a blessing and God does provide but you have to be at peace with that decision also. I'm sure you will make the right decision, just give it some time.

• Precious333
    November 29, 2012 at 6:56 PM

hugs, I know what you are talking about.

• BrittBratt
    November 29, 2012 at 6:57 PM

It's hard to negotiate that kind of decision. I finally told my DH he needs to get a vasectomy... he won't reliably use condoms, I refuse to use hormonal BC, and my Diaphragm hurts me to insert/take out. I have had 6 children-- 4 with my DH, and I truly cannot handle more children. The stress alone is killing me... let's not talk about how I haven't had a full nights sleep in 6 years, or how BROKE we are.

DH keeps rubbing my belly and making comments about more babies. It makes me feel awful. My body, mind, and wallet can NOT handle anymore children though. GL to you!!

• JaxMomma78
    November 30, 2012 at 12:12 AM

having another child would be dangerous to my health.  my current DS was a crapshoot, and we lucked out that him and i were healthy and had a great pregnancy & birth!!!  but we dont want to chance that again, plus we CANNOT afford another child (DH has a 9 yo).  right now i am on the minipill, but dont want to take it for much longer, and i sometimes forget to take it.  i want Dh to get a vasectomy and he would, but he is #1 deathly afraid of needles and #2 a super procrastinator!!  its a battle!  i totally feel your pain, about the anxiety!!

• JaxMomma78
    November 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM

BTW, i was thinking of you, how is your situation? is it getting better?  are you finding the help you need?

• NowImAMom...
    November 30, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I understand. I can't have another baby right now, because our financial situation is next to zero income nd we aren't living together. But I DESPERATELY want more children, and SO would love to have more too. I've got the Mirena, but we don't even have opportunity to utilize it :( Stinks lol

I'm just hoping things get better quickly so we can have more babies soon. And hopefully things will get better for you, too! Maybe we'll have babies close together again in a couple years! :)

• catholicmamamia
    November 30, 2012 at 1:07 AM

hugs 

• peaches_04
    November 30, 2012 at 1:15 AM
    Do you see your conditions improving anytime soon?
  • larissalarie
    November 30, 2012 at 1:19 AM
    How does he figure it costs nothing? Is he planning on letting the tax payers pay for your birth and prenatal care?
    I mean most people living on $25k don't have fabulous all inclusive private insurance.
  • jconney80
    November 30, 2012 at 1:39 AM
    I understand. I always wanted more kids but at this point I cannot handle more. It still hurts but I know I can't. Maybe your situation will look up in the future to where you will feel like you are stable again. *hugs*

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts