Natural Birth & Parenting

Precious333
FAM or NFP moms?
November 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Hey everyone!

First off, Happy Thanksgiving!

Second I have a question.  I use to chart my cycles, the cm, cervical position, and temps. I no longer do temps, and we are using FAM. My cycles have been pretty consstantly 30ish days (give of take a day or two), but never under 29.  Anyways, a few months ago we got pregnant....dont' kinow what I did wrong, and then miscarried. Well my lmp was November 10th. WE had unprotected sex on sat 17 and sun 18.  On the 19th i didn;'t notice an cm, but then yesterday (wed 21) I noticed a LOT of ewcm, and the normal signs of ovulation such as sore nipples and bloating.  Is that possible to go from no cm to ewcm or did I miss something?  And what is going on where I'm ovulating so early?  I think maybe we can't do FAM anymore, and DH is so disappointed because he HATES condoms :(

Replies

• MissSarah04
    November 22, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    Hmm. Ovulating that early would make for a super short cycle. I am not practicing FAM yet but I am almost done reading Taking Charge of your Fertility. Did you check your cervix to see if it shows signs of ovulation? I notice a lot of EWCM a few days after sex sometimes even though I have not had a post partum period and am not ovulating yet. I am not sure what it is since I can't imagine is would still be fluid your DH 3 days later.... Hmm. Guess I am not much help.....sorry!
  • Precious333
    November 22, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quoting MissSarah04:

Hmm. Ovulating that early would make for a super short cycle. I am not practicing FAM yet but I am almost done reading Taking Charge of your Fertility. Did you check your cervix to see if it shows signs of ovulation? I notice a lot of EWCM a few days after sex sometimes even though I have not had a post partum period and am not ovulating yet. I am not sure what it is since I can't imagine is would still be fluid your DH 3 days later.... Hmm. Guess I am not much help.....sorry!

Iknow huh?!!? I was thinking to that maybe its left over from sunday, but then I started getting all the other ovulation symptoms too. I wonder though since I was dry before then if I wasn't fertile (since sperm can't live where its dry) or maybe I didn't even notice it before. IThis is all just not very normal for me to ovulate so early and to have no cm before ovulation.

• Precious333
    November 22, 2012 at 10:52 AM

you know, I wonder if the last time I vbled was not a period. When they did an ultrasound in October they found an ovarian cyst.....so maybe that threw off my cycle? Anyone know anything about ovarian cysts?

• sreichelt26
    November 22, 2012 at 11:10 AM
    Since having dd, I only have ewcm - none of the leading up to it cm. And I ovulate early, like within a week of my period ending now.

Don't know much about cysts, but I would think that could throw it off.
  • MissSarah04
    November 22, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    Thats definitely something to think about. I don't know anything about ovarian cysts but I wouldn't be surprised if it threw off your cycle.

Quoting Precious333:

you know, I wonder if the last time I vbled was not a period. When they did an ultrasound in October they found an ovarian cyst.....so maybe that threw off my cycle? Anyone know anything about ovarian cysts?

• Precious333
    November 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Quoting sreichelt26:

Since having dd, I only have ewcm - none of the leading up to it cm. And I ovulate early, like within a week of my period ending now.

Don't know much about cysts, but I would think that could throw it off.

ok, so its in the range of normal, just different for me.

• Precious333
    November 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I do think my hormones are all over the place right now too. I thought I did ovulate last month (early as well, but within my somewhat normal range), but now that I think about it I didn't have as strong symptoms of ovulation as I normally do.

Quoting MissSarah04:

Thats definitely something to think about. I don't know anything about ovarian cysts but I wouldn't be surprised if it threw off your cycle.

Quoting Precious333:

• JoJoBean8
    November 23, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Your cycle could be messed up due to your mc. I know my cycle is all sorts of crazy because of bf. My body will act like it's going to o. I get all the signs but it doesn't happen. Really frustrating.

• catholicmamamia
    November 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM

It is possible.. especially if cycles are still regulating after birth/loss/etc. 

• Precious333
    November 23, 2012 at 9:10 PM
    even ifthe mc was only at 5 weeks?

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts