Natural Birth & Parenting

jconney80
I got the last
November 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Bag of gluten free stuffing at Whole Foods the other day. And it cost $7. For a very small bag lol. Yikes! I guess this is something I need to learn to make on my own or give up at Thanksgiving lol. I haven't found any good gluten free breads without egg so I guess in the future I'll have to make my own bread. I just don't have time this year!

Replies

• hapababies
    November 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    Wow, that is crazy expensive!! You have so many allergies to have to cook around that $7 is probably worth the extra time it would take to make your own.
    Happy thanksgiving :)
  • jconney80
    November 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    Lol exactly!! I'm already making my own condensed/ evaporated milk, pie crusts, mushroom soup, everything lol! Maybe 18 years from now I'll have it all worked out and start cooking on Halloween =)

Quoting hapababies:

Wow, that is crazy expensive!! You have so many allergies to have to cook around that $7 is probably worth the extra time it would take to make your own.

Happy thanksgiving :)
  • peaches_04
    November 22, 2012 at 1:27 AM
    It helps to pick a day and schedule yourself for baking and baking only that day
  • jconney80
    November 22, 2012 at 2:36 AM
    Yeah I was planning on doing that this year but we are all sick so it isn't happening :'(

Quoting peaches_04:

It helps to pick a day and schedule yourself for baking and baking only that day
  • schultzal
    November 22, 2012 at 3:17 AM

I agree that the price was is likely worth the time you won't have to spend making it, especially as you're all sick. Hope you all get well soon!

• chiarore
    November 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM
    I made gluten free cornbread stuffing this year... It wasn't cheap but definitely not $7. Have you thought of doing cornbread stuffing?
  • JoJoBean8
    November 23, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Have you tried a grain free stuffing?

• jconney80
    November 23, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    I'm pretty sure this one is grain free. I'm getting ready to go make it now lol

Quoting JoJoBean8:

• jconney80
    November 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    Thanks! We are having Thanksgiving today instead. I couldn't eat much until yesterday lol

Quoting schultzal:

I agree that the price was is likely worth the time you won't have to spend making it, especially as you're all sick. Hope you all get well soon!

• JoJoBean8
    November 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM
    They don't usually sell grain free stuffing. You roast veggies and add herbs and nuts.

Quoting jconney80:

I'm pretty sure this one is grain free. I'm getting ready to go make it now lol

Quoting JoJoBean8:

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts