Natural Birth & Parenting

FebPenguins
Dr Bronners-Almost Poo Free
November 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM

So I have been using Dr. Bronners (with a TB of olive oil) as apposed to using Baking Soda for going poo free. AVC as a rinse. My scalp has been pretty itchy and I have to wash about every other day. I'd say I've been poo "free" for 2-3 weeks. Am I still in transition?  Does going poo free mean you don't have to shampoo for several days? I am also loosing hair like crazy! I imagine the hair loss is due to my pregnancy (I have a 3 month old). Ideas, thoughts?

Replies

• hapababies
    November 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    Bump!
  • Nicolle_09
    November 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I dont know anything about Dr Bronner but when going no poo the transition can last for a couple months but thats usually greasy hair and yes you should be able to go up to a week after the full transition without washing and just water rinsing your hair. 

for the itch try adding honey to the vinegar and you can do coconut oil masks on your scalp before washing your hair. 

• VintageWife
    November 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Bump

• VintageWife
    November 20, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I have trouble going poo-free :(

• Sarah725
    November 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I have trouble with dry scalp as well when I went poo free, it's just not for me.

• PinkButterfly66
    November 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I use Dr. Bonners (without any extra oil) and ACV to rinse and my scalp is never itchy.  What Dr. Bonners are you using?  Maybe you're sensitive to the fragrance?  Have you tried the pepermint Dr. Bonners?  Or maybe instead of adding olive oil, add a drop or two of tea tree oil for your itchy scalp. And, maybe you're using too much soap when you shampoo?

For your hair loss, you need replace the vitamins and minerals that you lost during pregnancy.  A good quality multi-vitamin and an extra b-complex along with a separate chelated multi-mineral.  And get your thyroid checked and ferritin levels checked.   A sluggish thyroid is common after pregnancy and low iron can cause hair loss.

• Amberleigh81
    November 21, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    I only "wash" about every 2 weeks to a month, because I have dry hair and scalp. I just rinse with ACV every day. You are probably washing too frequently.
  • FebPenguins
    November 21, 2012 at 1:15 PM

the baby version one is what I am using

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I use Dr. Bonners (without any extra oil) and ACV to rinse and my scalp is never itchy.  What Dr. Bonners are you using?  Maybe you're sensitive to the fragrance?  Have you tried the pepermint Dr. Bonners?  Or maybe instead of adding olive oil, add a drop or two of tea tree oil for your itchy scalp. And, maybe you're using too much soap when you shampoo?

For your hair loss, you need replace the vitamins and minerals that you lost during pregnancy.  A good quality multi-vitamin and an extra b-complex along with a separate chelated multi-mineral.  And get your thyroid checked and ferritin levels checked.   A sluggish thyroid is common after pregnancy and low iron can cause hair loss.

• JoJoBean8
    November 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM

It can take a few weeks to adjust

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts