Natural Birth & Parenting

rmgriffberg
sleeping problems
November 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM

ds is 3.5 and has some sensory issues so night time is always a battle for him. dd is 16 months and for the most part has always been a good sleeper. (they do share a room) she recently got rotavirus that lasted for 3 weeks. before she got sick she would take a nap at 12:15-2/2:30 then got to bed at 6:30 and sleep till 7. when she got Rota most of her throwing up happened after she went to bed. i think she got used to waking up in the middle of the night. she has been better for 2 weeks now and every day/night we have had the same sleeping problems. she still takes her 12:15-2/2:30 nap but at bed she fights it for at least an hour. then every night she wakes up at 3am. she use to co-sleep with us but wont do that anymore and only wants to be rocked and eat pretzles. any ideas or natural "remidies" to help her fall and stay asleep?

Replies

• larissalarie
    November 16, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    15+ hours of sleep per day sounds like a lot. My youngest is 1.5 and sleeps 11 hours at night and a 1-2 hour nap.
    She's probably just still off from being sick and also probably catching a growth spurt too, but if it's not better in another week or two, maybe try cutting back on how much she's sleeping.
  • rmgriffberg
    November 16, 2012 at 10:01 PM

i have thought about cutting back the amount of time she sleeps but by noon she is beyond tired. then when 6:30 hits she is tired but fights sleeping

Quoting larissalarie:

15+ hours of sleep per day sounds like a lot. My youngest is 1.5 and sleeps 11 hours at night and a 1-2 hour nap.
    She's probably just still off from being sick and also probably catching a growth spurt too, but if it's not better in another week or two, maybe try cutting back on how much she's sleeping.

• larissalarie
    November 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM
    Yep that's pretty inevitable stuff when they have to transition to less sleep. It takes a couple of weeks when they are in the habit of sleeping at a certain time.

Quoting rmgriffberg:

i have thought about cutting back the amount of time she sleeps but by noon she is beyond tired. then when 6:30 hits she is tired but fights sleeping

Quoting larissalarie:

• larissalarie
    November 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM
    Yep that's pretty inevitable stuff when they have to transition to less sleep. It takes a couple of weeks when they are in the habit of sleeping at a certain time.

Quoting rmgriffberg:

Quoting larissalarie:

• catholicmamamia
    November 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM

When well.. lots of time outside, exercise, and fresh air helps my children.

• catholicmamamia
    November 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Oh, and limiting sugar.. LOL 

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts