Natural Birth & Parenting

amazzonia
Maternity leave petition
November 16, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I just started a petition on the website of the whitehouse to ask for paid maternity leave, go and sign! :) USA is the only industrialized country with no paid maternity leave and this has to stop!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/maternity-leave/XnR99QSw

Replies

• Mrs.Salz
    November 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Can we be friends??? lol

I agree 100%!

Quoting Magnolia7:

There are plenty of other solutions to allowing for better maternity care and breastfeeding support.  We are sixteen trillion dollars in debt, with entitlement spending dragging our economy down the drain.  So no, we can't afford it because we can't afford what we already have.  And several of those European countries can't afford it either.

European companies have extremely high tax rates, and their economies and job markets are far from sunshine and roses .... which unfortunately we are heading for anyways.  So here's the tradeoff - have the government take half of your takehome pay for your entire life, or manage your own earnings and decide what you want to spend based on your particular family needs. 

Personally, I don't feel that I should require taxpayers to pay for my personal choices.  We can balance our budget according to our personal needs.  Sometimes we sacrifice money in exchange for family time and other times we work overtime and try to build up savings.  I'd much rather do that than experience a large decrease in my takehome pay for the rest of my life. 

The money has to come from somewhere.

Quoting amazzonia:

If all other countries can afford it I don't see how USA can't, European countries have 1 year and over of maternity leave, plus public daycare. It goes towards our society maternity leave, will decrease problems in pregnancy, will increase bf successes, lower abortion rates. W need maternity leave!

Quoting Magnolia7:

I'd love paid maternity leave.  But where would the money come from? It has to come from somewhere.

• peaches_04
    November 21, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    Yeah but its alot easier then i though it would be

Quoting Sarah725:

Do I have to sign in and make a password and everything  just to sign it?

• EslingerCrew11
    November 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    Someone once thought I called a friends husband a di** head lol

Quoting amazzonia:

Lol I didn't know dh cold mean also dumb husband lol 

Quoting Nicolle_09:

lol dont worry it took my forever too, then someone linked me to the help desk :)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/read/11442691/The_CafeMom_Help_Desk_Ask_Questions_Here_FAQs_Tips_and_Abbreviations?ct=search_grouppost

Quoting amazzonia:

That wold be grate! Not sure how long it took me to understand tha dh was husband lol 

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Bump = bump up my post, i can get you a link to all the abreviations if you want lol 

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN