Natural Birth & Parenting

Precious333
4 1/2 yr old and peepee accidents
November 16, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Ok, so this is the 3rd time these past few days my 4 yr old has had a peepee accident.  It seems to be when he is getting dressed. He has had more accidents than my potty training 2 yr old! I think he has a cold runny nose started today). I can't feel a fever, there hasn't been any real big changes going on. The accidents have always been at home.  I he hasn't been complaining of any pain,and no fever, so could it still be a UTI? My 6 yr old had a UTI around that age.  I don't know :(

Replies

• jellyphish
    November 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    Has there been a big change? When Isis started kindergarten this year she started having accidents. Her teachers told me it was normal with such a big change and the best thing for her would to not make a big deal out of it. It passed once I stopped making a big deal out of it. :(
  • Precious333
    November 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Quoting jellyphish:

Has there been a big change? When Isis started kindergarten this year she started having accidents. Her teachers told me it was normal with such a big change and the best thing for her would to not make a big deal out of it. It passed once I stopped making a big deal out of it. :(

no, no big changes that I can think of, same routines as normal. I have been stressed recently, maybe he's catching on to it?

• jellyphish
    November 16, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    It could be. Isis had a few more accidents again after her dad and I had a big blow out and stopped talking. Stress is really hard on kids.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting jellyphish:

no, no big changes that I can think of, same routines as normal. I have been stressed recently, maybe he's catching on to it?

• Precious333
    November 16, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    :( i know.....too bad we live in a stressful world....I try not to let it get th best of me. This morning my 6 yr old came to me and said that he was sad and he didnt know why. My mom also suggested that maybe he hasnt been drinking enough and therefore holdibg his pee longer.

Quoting jellyphish:

It could be. Isis had a few more accidents again after her dad and I had a big blow out and stopped talking. Stress is really hard on kids.

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting jellyphish:

• catholicmamamia
    November 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Stress will do it.. remind him to empty his bladder often! 

• Precious333
    November 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Quoting catholicmamamia:

Stress will do it.. remind him to empty his bladder often! 

yes I will :) When we came home last night I said "do you have to go potty?" and he said "no" and so I said "you need to try" and he went in the bathroom and yelled "actually mom, I do!" lol

• Evelynrosser
    November 18, 2012 at 4:31 AM
    My 4 almost 5 dd has been doing the same lately. I had her checked for UTI but nothing. I am having due to have a baby in 6 weeks though so I'm thinking it could be that? :-/
  • JoJoBean8
    November 18, 2012 at 6:15 AM
    My 5 yr old has been doing this lately. She ignores the fact that she has to go until the very last minute.
  • Precious333
    November 18, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Quoting Evelynrosser:

My 4 almost 5 dd has been doing the same lately. I had her checked for UTI but nothing. I am having due to have a baby in 6 weeks though

yep, could very well be!

Natural Birth & Parenting