Natural Birth & Parenting

sarah4gandh
What should I do? Ultrasound question
November 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Ok, so I ust got a BFP a couple days ago nd Im pumped! :) My DH, DD and I are going overseas in a month for a whole month. Now I'm wondering if I should get an ultrasound to make sure the pregnancy is not ectopic. I just cannot imagine having a miscarriage or a rupture overseas. Any thoughts? Is there an other way to make sure the pregnancy is good to go other than ultrasound? I really dont want ANY ultrasound exposure on this little baby!!!! Someone give me some good advice! Thanks for all the advice in advance- you ladies are awesome! 

Replies

• jellyphish
    November 15, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    If the pregnancy is ectopic, you'll be in a lot of pain long before you leave. I wouldn't get one.
  • Duquesne
    November 15, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    Do you have reason to believe it's ectopic? It presents with pain.

It is pointless to get one to rule out miscarriage since it doesn't predict anything, really. Avoiding one would be better to avoid that.

Where are you traveling to?
  • Raeann11
    November 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Same thoughts

Quoting Duquesne:

It is pointless to get one to rule out miscarriage since it doesn't predict anything, really. Avoiding one would be better to avoid that.

• Mrs.Salz
    November 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I wouldn't get one - I think the risks of early u/s are greater than the chances of having an ectopic. You're more likely to have a miscarriage after an u/s too.

How know if the pregnancy is going well other than ultrasound? Trust your instincts. If you're healthy, chances are everything's fine!

• sarah4gandh
    November 15, 2012 at 2:19 PM

No reason to suspect, just anxious I guess about being away from home this early in pregnancy. We are hopping around Europe. Im going to forgo the u/s, its just too risky! thanks! 

Quoting Duquesne:

• Mrs.Salz
    November 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM

If you need medical care in Europe for some reason, you'll be just fine - their maternity care system is better than ours :)

Quoting sarah4gandh:

No reason to suspect, just anxious I guess about being away from home this early in pregnancy. We are hopping around Europe. Im going to forgo the u/s, its just too risky! thanks! 

Quoting Duquesne:

• Sarah725
    November 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I agree with what everyone else said and I like the decision you made. Have a great time and congrats on the newest addition!!

• FrumpyMama
    November 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Skip it, if it's ectopic you'll know before you leave. Have a Blast! I loved traveling in Europe when I was a kid! Jealous and hoping to get back someday with my brood.

• catholicmamamia
    November 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Personally, I would not do it unless I had a long history of it. 

• catholicmamamia
    November 16, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Hope you have a safe trip.. :o) 

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts