Natural Birth & Parenting

fitbaby
Waterbirths! What posion aided you the most? With the delivery or leaving pain? THX
by fitbaby
November 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Hello experieced mothers :). So looking at water births and been doing research.. watching people do the labor ball. What's something you would recommend/discourage for waterbirths.. Labor ball advice too would be great. So waterbirth posions or recommendations and labor ball. thankyou kindly God bless

Hope you enjoyed your day with your little one!!

Replies

• jellyphish
    November 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    Positions?
    Just follow your body, it'll do it for you. Seriously. I rocked on all fours in the tub between contractions, during contractions I HAD to turn face up and stretch out. I'd never heard of anyone doing that, but that's what I needed. Then I delivered on all fours.
  • fitbaby
    by fitbaby
    November 14, 2012 at 8:04 PM

thanks for your input! I guess i like to over think things. Want to be prepared as much as possible.. get different ideas and whatnot.. the tub they have for me isn't so much  round one it morelike a chair set up3/4 ft deep i'm glade im short hehe

• lundaylove
    November 14, 2012 at 8:42 PM
    I spent pretty much my while birth in the pool on my knees bent over the edge of the pool. I delivered like that with my knees as spread apart as possible. That was how I was most comfortable.
  • PoodleMum
    November 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM

This is how I laboured in the tub as well, it made it easy to nap a bit between contractions lol

Quoting jellyphish:

Positions?
    Just follow your body, it'll do it for you. Seriously. I rocked on all fours in the tub between contractions, during contractions I HAD to turn face up and stretch out. I'd never heard of anyone doing that, but that's what I needed. Then I delivered on all fours.

• peaches_04
    November 16, 2012 at 3:24 AM
    Lol same here. My body just kind of floated into whatever position it needed

Quoting PoodleMum:

This is how I laboured in the tub as well, it made it easy to nap a bit between contractions lol

Quoting jellyphish:

Positions?

• Sarah725
    November 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM

you will do great, just listen to your body.  I was so looking forward to being on a labor ball and when it came time I wanted nothing to do with it.  But other things were great like a rocking chair for a while.

• Mrs.Salz
    November 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Whatever felt right at the time. You can try squatting, kneeling, sitting, floating on your back, leaning over the side...... it will probably change throughout labor and that's fine too.

• catholicmamamia
    November 17, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Quoting jellyphish: Positions? Just follow your body, it'll do it for you.
  • catholicmamamia
    November 17, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Quoting Mrs.Salz: Whatever felt right at the time. You can try squatting, kneeling, sitting, floating on your back, leaning over the side...... it will probably change throughout labor and that's fine too.

• TrentsMom84
    November 17, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I just used a ball and birth pool for my birth.

Ball-I sat on it and put my head on the bed so I could rest between contractions.  My doula did a double hip squeeze during the contractions and massaged my back in between. 

Once I hit transition I peed and then I couldn't take the pain/pressure so I got in the pool.  The water was hot which made me feel slightly uncomfortable but it was better for pain relief and for baby's temperature-the water wasn't painfully hot but more like it was making me sweaty.  I got on my hands and knees with my knees fairly wide and my body started pushing immediately.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN