Natural Birth & Parenting

airforcewife90
Tell me about your natural delievery!
November 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant with baby #2. With DS I was induced for going over my due date. With this baby though I am determined to go all natural but I'm scared out of my mind!  So let me hear your birth stories to give me courage. Maybe if I start building myself up now I wont be scared when the big day finally comes!

Replies

• airforcewife90
    November 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Thanks! I'm excited, it's going to be completely different then my DS's birth

Quoting H.I.S.:

And good luck to you! Natural birth is so amazing :)

• ALLGIRLS77
    November 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Just had my 5th baby in sept..... With my 4th I went all natural no meda nothing. She was born 51/2wks early and labor was about 3hrs long... Was the worst pain she was 4 lbs 1 oz. But said I would try it again this time around.. I tried was in labor for over 25hrs yes with my 5th!!! This was my longest and hardest labor had to do the Epi and glad I did I was in sooo much pain and soooo unconfortable I just had to. Didn't help to much but wouldn't change my decision. He was 5 wks early and 6lbs when we finally showed up. I think it's up to you N you will not not until that time comes!

• AshleySail
    November 15, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    You should read Ina mays guide to childbirth by Ina may gaskin
    And watch the business of being born, and more business of being born... They are both on Netflix !
  • FrumpyMama
    November 15, 2012 at 11:31 PM

DD was born with 2 1/2 hours of labor, 30mins of pushing. I was up and walking around the next day. Bleeding stopped after 2 weeks.

My best advice is READ. Read anything by Ina May Gaskin. Buy a Hypnobirthing book and read it, even if you don't take the course with it, the book gave me SOO much comfort. 

• AshleySail
    November 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    I wish I could tell you about my natural delivery, but mine was unfortunately not natural in any way shape or form. It ended as a c-section. It was awful.
    I have learned since then... If you deliver at a hospital, and desire a natural birth.. You need to go in with CONFIDENCE and facts, you need to know your rights as a laboring woman, and you need to not fall for scare tactics.
    I would suggest you try to find a midwife or hire a doula. A doula can make a giant difference in your birth.
  • Brandy85412
    November 16, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    All three of mine were natural and I wouldn't have had it any other way. It did hurt and I said never again with each one lol but I am always happy I had them that way. It's like a badge of honor to me. I use it to remind myself how strong I am. It really has a lot to do with mind over matter as does much of life. One good thing about labor is that you have no control over when it happens and it has to happen so I feel it releases stress from me. I just let my body do what it was made to do.
  • KRYSTALK1013
    November 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    I started feeling contractions Saturday morning around 12:40am. They were 4-7 mins apart. I waited til 2:40 to call the doctor. When I did, he told me to wait to go in because at my last appointment I wasn't dilated. I waited until 5 and called back. By then, they were 3 minutes apart and stronger. He told me to go in. When I did, they checked me and I was only 1cm dilated, 20% effaced, so they gave me sleeping pills and told me to go home and go to bed. When I got home, they got stronger. I couldn't sleep (obviously). I was crawling around on the floor, rocking on all fours, not crying, but couldn't talk or walk. Hubs text me at like 1:30 and told me he was in town. I text my mom and told her to call him because I was in too much pain to talk. She was out at my grandmas. She came home about 20 minutes later and called the doctor back and demanded that he let me come back. I got to the hospital at 2:42 and was 9.5 cm dilated and 100% effaced. They rushed me up to delivery and rolled me from 1 bed to the other. When I opened my legs, I was crowing, Hubs came in and they told him to grab a leg. 4 pushes later, she was here. No drugs or anything.
  • FrumpyMama
    November 16, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Quoting AshleySail:

I wish I could tell you about my natural delivery, but mine was unfortunately not natural in any way shape or form. It ended as a c-section. It was awful.
    I have learned since then... I
    f you deliver at a hospital, and desire a natural birth.. You need to go in with CONFIDENCE and facts, you need to know your rights as a laboring woman, and you need to not fall for scare tactics.
    I would suggest you try to find a midwife or hire a doula. A doula can make a giant difference in your birth.

I cannot agree MORE!!  I didn't end up having a section with ds, but the ob and nurses were threatening me with one because I wasn't dilating fast enough. They even set a time that if he wasn't born by then, I was being cut open.  It is such a cruel thing to be made to think you can just go into a hospital and have a baby your way. There is no your way in most hosiptals. It's their way and their way.

• SarineLewis
    November 16, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    I was induced with my first in January. After 29 hours of pitocin induced labor and assistance with a vacuum my baby boy was born healthy and strong. I'm due in Feb with my second. I plan on going natural as well. Honestly, I'm not really that nervous for the pain. I hear that pitocin makes contractions harder. My were at one point on top of each other. I think the pain will be less intense because it will be natural. :) I still dread labor though. Lol. We were planning on waiting longer.
    How were you induced? How long was your labor?
  • SarineLewis
    November 16, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    I was so lucky to have the birth team I wanted. No one mentioned an epidural or c-section or anything not on my birth plan. I ended up going 10 days late and getting induced, but things still went to plan. :)

Quoting FrumpyMama:

Quoting AshleySail:

I have learned since then... I
    f you deliver at a hospital, and desire a natural birth.. You need to go in with CONFIDENCE and facts, you need to know your rights as a laboring woman, and you need to not fall for scare tactics.

I cannot agree MORE!!  I didn't end up having a section with ds, but the ob and nurses were threatening me with one because I wasn't dilating fast enough. They even set a time that if he wasn't born by then, I was being cut open.  It is such a cruel thing to be made to think you can just go into a hospital and have a baby your way. There is no your way in most hosiptals. It's their way and their way.

Natural Birth & Parenting