Natural Birth & Parenting

ruby_jewel_04
uhhh.... Hollywood calls attachment parenting bizzare.
November 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM

So I really couldn't care less about the article. although the baby is adorable. But I watched the video at the end, and, is it just me? Or are you a little offended as well that the things they refer to as "bizzare parenting", to me, seems totally natural and logical?

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/goddess/meet-reese-witherspoon-son-tennessee-214447875.html

Replies

• VintageWife
    November 10, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    Hollywood doesn't like celebrities that do AP because it limits the roles they take so they aren't away from their children. When top stars would rather be with their kids than on set, it messes with their perfect movie idea.
  • justone_jen
    November 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM
    This.

Quoting Precious333:

Its not surprising rha Hollywood would call something natural as bizzare. They have have it all backwards.
  • ilovesummer2010
    November 10, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    nothing in hollywood is natural lol boob jobs and plastic sugery. of course they think its bizzare, they lived their whole life in glamerous lifestyle they wouldnt know whats natural.
  • catholicmamamia
    November 10, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Agreed.. it is rude, and AP is natural and logical.  :o) 

Quoting Mrs.Salz: It's rude. I wouldn't call (just about) any other type of type of parenting bizarre either. AP is natural and logical and instinctive for most parents, I would agree with you.

• Sarah725
    November 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM

hollywood will never be natural, sad :(

• FrumpyMama
    November 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM

It's HollyWood. If it's not plastic, nipped, tucked, they don't give a F***.  And I just hate it, because then there are the loonies who follow so n' so to the point of buying the same baby clothes and bottles they do. It's just so sad and ridiculous. 

• jconney80
    November 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    I agree it is sad that the things that are mainstream are so popular and that AP is looked at like that =(

Quoting ruby_jewel_04:

Its not exactly that I CARE so much, as it makes me sad that they portray the most normal, natural way to raise your kids as being weird. I find it disturbing that the US population has gone so much towards formula, and CIO, and all the other things that I though most natural parenting moms didn't agree with. I figured the ladies in this group would kind of understand where I'm coming from on this. Guess I was wrong.
  • teddysmama09
    November 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I find Hollywood moms (the typical ones, there's always exceptions) to be bizarre. I think it's bizarre that these women are praised for losing baby weight so fast and returning to work so quickly. They are praised for looking so put together and beautiful. DO you know why they look so awesome so quicklly? It's because of hard working women like my friennd Gloria. I met Gloria when I lived in Orrange county. She worked as a "night nurse" for wealthy women in Beverly Hills. She wass the one who went to the house every evening and caared for the babies needs during the night so the motherr could sleep.  In the morning Gloria handed the baby over to the "day nurse", rarely ever even seeing the mother at all.  Now tell me thats not bizzare.

There was an aritcle on the Stir not too long ago about Beyonce being a shining example to new moms for returning to the stage (in perfect form) so quickly. She is harolded as mother of the year for handing her baby over to overworked, underappreciated nannies while she focuses on her career and body. But when a celebrety "lets themselves go" because they have given their body to their children they are concidered strange.

Sure it's "not my problem." But it is A problem, because young women look up to these celebreties. Young mothers who can't shed the pounds will look at Beyonce and feel they are not good enough. They will read the articles abbout "Bizzare" celebrities who breastfeed, cosleep and baby wear and be swayed into thinking that only crazy people do these things, and will then be either too ashamed to do it themselves or too ashamed to say they do. Thats a problem. A BIG problem!

• ruby_jewel_04
    November 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    Amen. That's a great way of putting it.

Quoting teddysmama09:

I find Hollywood moms (the typical ones, there's always exceptions) to be bizarre. I think it's bizarre that these women are praised for losing baby weight so fast and returning to work so quickly. They are praised for looking so put together and beautiful. DO you know why they look so awesome so quicklly? It's because of hard working women like my friennd Gloria. I met Gloria when I lived in Orrange county. She worked as a "night nurse" for wealthy women in Beverly Hills. She wass the one who went to the house every evening and caared for the babies needs during the night so the motherr could sleep.  In the morning Gloria handed the baby over to the "day nurse", rarely ever even seeing the mother at all.  Now tell me thats not bizzare.

There was an aritcle on the Stir not too long ago about Beyonce being a shining example to new moms for returning to the stage (in perfect form) so quickly. She is harolded as mother of the year for handing her baby over to overworked, underappreciated nannies while she focuses on her career and body. But when a celebrety "lets themselves go" because they have given their body to their children they are concidered strange.

Sure it's "not my problem." But it is A problem, because young women look up to these celebreties. Young mothers who can't shed the pounds will look at Beyonce and feel they are not good enough. They will read the articles abbout "Bizzare" celebrities who breastfeed, cosleep and baby wear and be swayed into thinking that only crazy people do these things, and will then be either too ashamed to do it themselves or too ashamed to say they do. Thats a problem. A BIG problem!

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN