Natural Birth & Parenting

jellyphish
Raw foods for baby
October 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM
What are some good foods for Hera (6 mo) that I can give her raw? She's had and loves avocado. And banana is the only other food I can think of. What else?
Cucumbers w/o skin maybe? What about broccoli, can she just suck on the tops?

Replies

• peaches_04
    October 13, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    Carrots are awesome teethers
  • fahmom
    by fahmom
    October 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    Pears and Mangos are good ones. We steamed a lot of veggies and let Frankie eat whatever veggies we were having with that meal whether it be asparagus, broccoli, coliflower, zuchinni, green beans, etc. Baked butternut squash was one of his favorites.
  • amazzonia
    October 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    Any fruit if you grate it,we loved grated apples kiwi, but try to avoid seeds, , peaches....vegetables tomato with no skin and seeds, vegetables are harder to eat raw for babies
  • orangeshirt
    October 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    Cauliflower?
  • littlelambe2
    October 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Dd loved melons - especially honeydew. We also gave her large chucks of apples. She didn't take bites off of it, but rather sucked on it for the juices.
  • h_minkus
    October 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I give my 6 month old all the things listed. I steam the hard veggies though so he can actually consume them instead of just chewing on them. He has only one tooth. lol 

I can't give him bananas though because they make him throw up :( Not trying that again for a few months....

• Amberleigh81
    October 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM
    Why not peaches? My son loves peaches! We got them in our CSA boxes this summer and he went wild for them!

Quoting amazzonia:

Any fruit if you grate it,we loved grated apples kiwi, but try to avoid seeds, , peaches....vegetables tomato with no skin and seeds, vegetables are harder to eat raw for babies
  • Amberleigh81
    October 13, 2012 at 9:43 PM
    Persimmons are delicious right now...
  • bloomsr
    by bloomsr
    October 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    Black beans, peas, green beans.
  • maddiesmommy5
    October 14, 2012 at 7:43 AM

My dd loved mango, all melons,peaches,plums.I would usually peel the fruit then let her have the whole thing to suck on,she loved it.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts