Natural Birth & Parenting

Momma2013
Circumcising!!! ...vent - sorry
October 12, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I don't know if there are more friendly ways to do it or mainly just one but I just youtubed circumcising a baby and that was the most disgusting thing I've EVER seen. I would rather eat dog poop than have that done to my child! I don't understand how parents, mothers especially can put their child through such a ridiculous thing. They strapped down the baby and just did it. No numbing medicine, nothing! I really don't understand!

I'm sorry I'm not trying to attack anyone, I really am not - I just don't think I will be getting my son circ'ed. DH is all up in arms PO-ed at me for this but he won't even watch the video. The movie on TV is more important aparently, well my son gets to keep HIS penis, if he'd like he can get rid of it later.

I think I've been scarred for life just watching that video. I've seen a lot of gross horrible things but I really hope that this gets out of my head, I'll never be able to unsee that. :( I want to cry for that poor baby.

Anyone able to help clear my head or cheer me up?

Replies

• saral2790
    October 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    Same here he came back sound asleep and healed within a couple days

Quoting lucaslexie:

We had my ds curcumsised.  They numbed him and he sucked a pacy during it.  Then they gave him a smal dose of pain meds.  We never had any trouble from it.  

• JoJoBean8
    October 16, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I didn't want to get ds circ'd but I didn't think I had a choice. 

• savyjoel
    October 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I'm sorry.  I hate that women do not feel or know they always have options and you can say no to any routine procedure or even necessary procedures.  We always have the ability to say no--we need to know that we can.  I knew I had a choice but was mis-informed and felt pressured.  No excuse really.  It shouldn't be that difficult for us to realize that cutting healthy, normal parts off of babies or children is wrong.  It is their body to make such a permanent decision--not a parents decision.  ;(

Quoting JoJoBean8:

I didn't want to get ds circ'd but I didn't think I had a choice. 

• LuvAZmomma
    October 18, 2012 at 7:14 AM

apparently you failed to read the part where I said "IMO" and the fact is that like it or not in 5 years from not an infant wont remember it where as a person that has it done later in life will it will also be a more complicated procedure and take longer to heal.(those are not IMO those are facts)

Quoting mamelmel3:

Quoting LuvAZmomma:

So you are basing your decision off of one video that was probably made intentionally to scare people rather than inform. Honestly both of my boys were circumsized and I am not really upset about it now. It was done by their pediatrition not my OB. OBs are maternal drs not baby drs peditritions do several circumsizions everyday they were well trained and typically use at least 1 numbing agent either topical and/or injected. Neither one of my boys seemed to be bothered by the procedure after the fact. They did not act like they were in pain or show any signs or disstress I do not judge people either way for their choice but I guess my thought is that lots of men who are left intact do choose to have the procedure done later in life either because they want to look like other guys, their girl wants it done, or because they develope an infection from poor hygiene. It is a much less traumatic experience (IMO) when they are an infant and have no memory of it that at 18+ years old. I have never known a man that was not circumsized and that is also part of the reason I had it done. Most people go by he should look like his dad so if dad is then baby is. If dad isn't then baby isn't. Do what is right for your family but don't base your opinion on one video.

I'm not bashing you for your decision to have your boys circumcised even though I disagree with it, but you should really do your research before spouting off some uninformed crap and reasons why people choose to have it done and that babies are less traumatized by the procedure. How would you know? You didn't have a piece of your body ripped apart!

• joyful_mama
    October 18, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Infants may not remember being circ'd, but that doesn't mean it is less traumatic. Trauma like that leaves its mark, whether  conscious or unconscious. I just really hate the mentality that because the infant doesn't remember it that makes it okay. I don't remember my father beating me black and blue at the age of two, but it definitely has left a lasting impression. I am afraid of him to this day, and I couldn't have told you why until my mom told me about that incident when I was an adult.

• Momma2013
    October 18, 2012 at 7:48 PM

If you're going to make the effort to comment on my post, why don't you take the time and effort to READ the whole post. I'm not basing everything on 1 video but was so disgusted by that one video I won't be an ignorant mother who just goes with the flow. I will make informed decisions that my husband and I agree to make for our children.

Video made to scare people? Do you really think it's a fake video? The child was just tortured to turn people off from circ'ing their sons? I think you're wrong.

I'm all for people doing what they think is right as long as they make their own informed decisions - but I will not jus go with the flow.

And I don't know what you know about circ'ing but PLENTY of newborns are circ'ed without ANY numbing agents, I don't care if it's as low as 1 in 100 or as high as 1 in 2! I will not risk my child being traumatized like that because it's "the norm" or "looks better" We will do what is right for our family and our son(s)

Quoting LuvAZmomma:

So you are basing your decision off of one video that was probably made intentionally to scare people rather than inform. Honestly both of my boys were circumsized and I am not really upset about it now. It was done by their pediatrition not my OB. OBs are maternal drs not baby drs peditritions do several circumsizions everyday they were well trained and typically use at least 1 numbing agent either topical and/or injected. Neither one of my boys seemed to be bothered by the procedure after the fact. They did not act like they were in pain or show any signs or disstress I do not judge people either way for their choice but I guess my thought is that lots of men who are left intact do choose to have the procedure done later in life either because they want to look like other guys, their girl wants it done, or because they develope an infection from poor hygiene. It is a much less traumatic experience (IMO) when they are an infant and have no memory of it that at 18+ years old. I have never known a man that was not circumsized and that is also part of the reason I had it done. Most people go by he should look like his dad so if dad is then baby is. If dad isn't then baby isn't. Do what is right for your family but don't base your opinion on one video.

• BrittBratt
    October 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I DEEPLY regret having my older 2 sons circ'd. I had NO idea what happened during the procedure. All I know is when they were brought back to me, they were asleep...with tears in the corners of their tightly shut eyes. The nurse opened their diaper to show me how to change the dressing, and the tips of their penises were RAW. My babies both started SCREAMING as soon as their diapers were opened :(

When my younger son was a toddler I found a video of a circ... I vowed to never, ever allow that to happen to another one of my babies!! We ended up pregnant with twins :) They are 3.5 and intact. My baby is almost a year old and also intact.

• Loa1002
    by Loa1002
    October 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • Loa1002
    by Loa1002
    October 22, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Not sure why parents in a natural group are okay with circumcising their newborn baby boys. Girls were protected in 1997 in the USA. If anyone is on the fence read this. BTW some babies go into shock hence the "sleeping". You can try and sugar coat it all you want but it is still cutting off a piece of healthy body part...aka mutilation. I blame our doctors as well-they forgot their oath "Do NO Harm. 

What is Lost to Circumcision

Gary L. Harryman

When a baby boy's natural and intact penis is "circumcised," this is what is lost forever: 

*1. The frenar band of soft ridges-the single most pleasure producing zone on the male body. Loss of this densely innervated and reactive belt of tissue reduces the sensitivity of the remaining penis to about that of ordinary skin.

2. Approximately half of the temperature reactive smooth muscle sheath called the dartos fascia.

3. Specialized epithelial Langerhans cells, a component of the immune system.

*4. An estimated 240 feet of microscopic nerves, including branches of the dorsal nerve.

*5. Between 10,000 to 20,000 specialized erotogenic nerve endings of several types, which can discern slight motion, subtle changes in temperature, and fine gradations in texture. This loss includes thousands of coiled fine-touch receptors called the Meissner's corpuscles - the most important sensory component in the foreskin.

6. Estrogen receptors the purpose and value of which are not yet fully understood.

*7. More than 50% of the mobile penile skin, the multi-purpose covering of the glans, that shields all of the specialized penile skin from abrasion, drying, and callusing (by keratin cell layering), and protects it from dirt and other contaminants. The debilitating sexual consequences of keratinizing the glans have never been studied.

8. The immunological defense system of the soft mucosa, which may produce antibacterial and antiviral proteins such as lysozyme, also found in mothers milk, and plasma cells, which secrete immunoglobulin antibodies.

9. Lymphatic vessels, the loss of which interrupts the lymph flow within a part of the bodys immune system.

*10. The frenulum, the very sensitive "V" shaped web-like tethering structure on the underside of the glans; usually amputated along with the foreskin, or severed, which destroys its functionality.

*11. The apocrine glands of the inner foreskin, which produce pheromones-nature's powerful, silent, invisible behavioral signals to potential sexual partners. They contribute significantly to sexuality. Their loss is unstudied.

12. Ectopic sebaceous glands, which lubricate and moisturize.

*13. The essential "gliding" mechanism. If unfolded and spread out flat, the average adult foreskin measures about 15 square inches, the size of a postcard. This abundance of specialized, self-lubricating mobile skin gives the natural penis its unique hallmark ability to smoothly "glide" in and out within itself-permitting natural non-abrasive masturbation and intercourse, without drying out the vagina or requiring artificial lubricants.

14. The pink to red to dark purple natural coloration of the glans, normally an internal organ, like the tongue.

*15. A significant amount of the penis circumference because its double layered wrapping of loose foreskin is now missing making the circumcised penis defectively thinner than a full-sized intact penis.

*16. As much as one inch of the erect penis length due to amputation when the connective tissue is torn apart during "circumcision." This shared membrane tightly fuses the foreskin and the glans together while the penis develops. Ripping it apart wounds the glans, leaving it raw and subject to infection, scarring, and shrinkage.

*17. Several feet of blood vessels, including the frenular artery and branches of the dorsal artery. The loss of this dense vascularity interrupts normal blood flow to the shaft and glans of the penis, obviously damaging its natural function and possibly stunting its complete and healthy development.

18. Every year boys lose their penises altogether from botched "circumcisions" and infections accidents happen. They are then "sexually reassigned" by transgender surgery and must live their lives as females.

19. Every year many boys lose their lives from the complications of medically unnecessary circumcisions. The cause of these deaths are a fact the billion dollar per year circumcision industry willfully obscures and conceals.

*20. Although not yet proved scientifically, there is considerable new evidence that an incomplete penis loses its capacity for the subtle electromagnetic "cross-communication" that occurs only during contact between two mucous membranes, and which contributes to the perception of sexual ecstasy. In other words, medically unjustified foreskin amputation of boys ultimately diminishes the intensity of orgasms for both men and women! 

Gary L. Harryman,
    14 February 1999
    glharryman@aol.com

• Pinkee82
    October 22, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Why put your son through a cosmetic and painful procedure? Even with numbing medication it still hurts, during and after. In my country its not done routinely, the men are all fine, no uti's and our std rates are lower than in high circ rate countries. With proper care i.e no retraction of the foreskin and no soaps on the genital area his chances of a uti are tiny. I have 2 intact sons, never had a single problem. Neither has my intact oh. Over 100 boys die during or after being circumcised every year. 

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts