Natural Birth & Parenting

MrsAdorkable
Struggling (vaccine Q)
October 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM
As some of you may know, my on was born 6 weeks early with gastroschisis. The dr.'s reccommended yesterday that he get the synagis "vaccine". I normally do not vaccinate, and that was a major headbutting issue for me & df with our first son.

I told df i would research before I said no.
It is not suppposed to ppprevent rsv, but "may lessen symptoms".
The only upside I have found so far is that it does not contain mercury. It is however genetically modified human & mice dna.
The package insert states that they found no signiificant decrease in hospitalization (due to rsv) vs. the placebo.
So I am leaning towards not getting it.

I guess my question is what sort of supplements would be a good idea to build his immune system naturally?
He is ebf, so would me taking extra suplements (in addition to prenatals) be enough, or would I have to give them to him directly? I ask because it will be harder for him to cope with/digest then a normal baby, due to the gastroschisis.
I know money shouldn't factor in when it comes to his health, but the funds just aren't there for some of these more exensive things. Would something like a probiotic and E-mergen-C be enough, so is that not a healthy way to get vitamins?

Replies

• MrsAdorkable
    October 13, 2012 at 2:51 AM
    bump
  • nicki.hemingway
    October 13, 2012 at 3:05 AM

There are a lot of nasty additives in this shot.  I wouldn't do it.  Just keep away from crowds a bit more and nurse nurse nurse.

• melindabelcher
    mel
    October 13, 2012 at 5:49 AM
    I no nothing of this vaccine.
    In a general sense breastfeeding, proper hand washing and avoiding people will be crucial to his health.
    Hope you can find an answer your comfortable with.
  • lifeforchrist
    October 13, 2012 at 12:05 PM

invive silver protein is a huge immune booster

http://www.dr-johnson.com/

Natural Birth & Parenting