Natural Birth & Parenting

madisonsmom2005
How soon did you know?
October 7, 2012 at 11:44 AM

How soon did you know you were pregnant? With my DD I didn't know until I took a pregnancy test. Did any of you know sooner?

Replies

• LaideBug
    October 7, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    DD1- Not until I tested at 1 week passed my missed period, I was super busy no real symptoms and didn't notice I had missed.
    DD2- I thought I was because I was super sick and with what I thought was the "flu" but I didn't test until like 3 weeks after my missed period. I just couldnt handle seeing another negative test, I wanted to be sure. :)
  • maddiesmommy5
    October 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Not until I was 12 wks!

• Cpop1980
    October 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    I knew when I went to the store and noticed my sense of smell had heightened when I couldn't stop inhaling the smell of a cantaloupe. Then I bought a rotisserie chicken, took it home, and DEVOURED it. I was sucking the meat off the ribs! Took a test two days later and it gave me my answer to my weird behavior.
  • PZRM
    by PZRM
    October 7, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    I knew from about the first day. At least the first week. . I got this overwhelming motion sickness that was 426772354268x more sensitive than it ever has been and the fried chicken I'd been so in love with for dinner suddenly made my stomach turn too. lol. Then I started missing periods. Went to a clinic for a test it was a bfp! First sonogram was a week later and put me at 7 weeks along, which perfectly matched when my symptoms started. :)
  • Fellie
    by Fellie
    October 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Not until I was 9 weeks with my first. Well, I knew I was pregnant right away. I was 15 and my boyfriend wouldn't take no for an answer, and I just got this feeling. I started taking vitamins and eating right before I missed my first period. I didn't take a test until 9 weeks along though. With my second I was almost 6 weeks before I knew for sure, because my tests kept coming up with super faint lines and I wasn't sure if that meant positive or not! We were trying for #2 so we were trying not to get too excited. :)

• wife-4-life
    October 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM
    With my 1st preg I had no idea until I MCed and saw the sack. With my 2nd preg (dd1) I thought I was cuz I had horrible heartburn and nausea, so tested at 6wks. With 3rd preg (dd2) I knew before I tested, around 5 1/2 wks. I had food aversions I red meat & heartburn. With my 4th preg I knew I was at 7 wks and started MCing at 7 1/2 wks. With my 5th preg (this one & it's dd3) I knew at like 4 wks. I was having a lot of food cravings and aversions plus heartburn.
  • Erica_Smerica
    October 7, 2012 at 3:56 PM

My husband did. So did my neighbor actually-- Technically I knew when I took the pregnancy test. I didn't believe it until I started showing though. So like 15ish weeks. I had my husband and son pee on some of the sticks just to make sure they were accurate, a blood draw, and the midwife confirm it. I still couldn't believe it though. We'd only been trying for a month.

My neighbor figured it out since my boobs doubled in size and I made cinnamon rolls 2 days in a row (I guess it was something she craved while she was pregnant.) My husband reads me like an open book-- so he knew about a week or two before I took the pregnancy test.

• outstandingLove
    October 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I had symptoms of pregnancy and my boyfriend kept hinting at it. But i didn't believe i was pregnant until i took a test.

• Raeann11
    October 7, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I have feelings but it was not till I took a test that I knew for sure.

• LondonsMomma84
    October 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

With both pregnancies I felt implantation (a twingy crampy feeling that lasted about 30 seconds) and I immediately suspected intuitively that I was pregnant.  With my first I confirmed 5 days before my period with a pregnancy test that was clearly positive and with my second I had a positive 9 days past ovulation.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts