Natural Birth & Parenting

tabi_cat1023
Anyone else notice the change at McDonalds?
September 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Our McD's has the calories listed ON the fries and burgers wrappers and all over the signs.  My son was like mom I think this is strange, but personally I kinda like it.

WHat do you think? Do you think it will help people make healthier choices?

Replies

• littlelambe2
    October 1, 2012 at 5:25 AM
    They'd probably give you two apple packs if you ask. I dont like their Halloween toys. They scare dd :/

Op - we rarely go but I did notice the change last time we were there. They already have had most nutritional info on their packaging. Interesting to see it on the menu too. I hope it will help people make better choices but unfortunately some just don't care or don't even know how to use the nutritional info.

Quoting peaches_04:

Im kind of mad at them bc they dont give you an option between fries or apples you get a smaller portion of each now

• Dimples04
    October 1, 2012 at 5:28 AM
    Hadn't noticed. Dd & I eat there once in a while, I'll try to remember to look next time.
  • LuvAZmomma
    October 1, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    It will not change what I order when I got there
  • mostlymaydays
    October 1, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    It *might* for a few people, but generally speaking the health conscious aren't at McDonalds. I know quite a few people who think chicken is healthy, with no account for how it's prepared. My FIL was shocked when I showed him the tray liner which shows the chicken selects had more calories and fat than the Big Mac he was avoiding. Alas, I think he's back to Big Macs :-(. I have another friend who honestly thought the chicken nuggets were a healthy choice. Not surprisingly, she and her 4 kids are all overweight.

Quoting justone_jen:

No, it won't make anyone make better choices. The calories are listed on the menu, here. Still, the drive-thru is always slammed.

• lifeforchrist
    October 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM

don't give in! chemicals in their products are known to cause birth defects!

Quoting SadieJames:

I haven't eaten there in eight years (the summer after my freshman year in college I swore it off). I have been craving a burger from there though that I'm blaming on my pregnancy. I haven't given in though!
    I do know I look at the calorie counts on the menu at Panera Bread. I always get a salad so no biggie but its interesting to see some sandwiches are 1,200 calories!

• peaches_04
    October 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    Some of those salads are worse then the sandwiches
    Especially the bacon ranch with crispy chicken

Quoting SadieJames:

I haven't eaten there in eight years (the summer after my freshman year in college I swore it off). I have been craving a burger from there though that I'm blaming on my pregnancy. I haven't given in though!

I do know I look at the calorie counts on the menu at Panera Bread. I always get a salad so no biggie but its interesting to see some sandwiches are 1,200 calories!
  • orangeshirt
    October 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    Our menus just have caloric information. It was interesting to me...I stop there for coffee every now and then since it is only $1 and I was shocked at how low some things are and how crazy high others are (the low end items were much more surprising).

Quoting taurusmom88:

I don't think the law is effective yet, but mcd's is doing a jump start on it. Make em look good I guess. Is it just calories or do they list fat and sodium too?

• SadieJames
    October 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Quoting peaches_04:

I always get the Greek salad. I don't eat much meat, especially pregnant. It's one of my big aversions right now
  • sthflachk
    October 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    Don't do it!! Go get yourself a nice REAL juicy burger from somewhere else! Those things at McDonald's are NASTY!!

Quoting SadieJames:

• TTC2Long
    October 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    That's good I guess, but if it's on the wrapper it means the person has already purchased it. Maybe they'll make a better choice next time? Idk, I haven't been to a McD's in at least... 13-14 years

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN