Natural Birth & Parenting

tabi_cat1023
Anyone else notice the change at McDonalds?
September 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Our McD's has the calories listed ON the fries and burgers wrappers and all over the signs.  My son was like mom I think this is strange, but personally I kinda like it.

WHat do you think? Do you think it will help people make healthier choices?

Replies

• littlelambe2
    October 1, 2012 at 5:25 AM
    They'd probably give you two apple packs if you ask. I dont like their Halloween toys. They scare dd :/

Op - we rarely go but I did notice the change last time we were there. They already have had most nutritional info on their packaging. Interesting to see it on the menu too. I hope it will help people make better choices but unfortunately some just don't care or don't even know how to use the nutritional info.

Quoting peaches_04:

Im kind of mad at them bc they dont give you an option between fries or apples you get a smaller portion of each now

• Dimples04
    October 1, 2012 at 5:28 AM
    Hadn't noticed. Dd & I eat there once in a while, I'll try to remember to look next time.
  • LuvAZmomma
    October 1, 2012 at 8:11 AM
    It will not change what I order when I got there
  • mostlymaydays
    October 1, 2012 at 8:23 AM
    It *might* for a few people, but generally speaking the health conscious aren't at McDonalds. I know quite a few people who think chicken is healthy, with no account for how it's prepared. My FIL was shocked when I showed him the tray liner which shows the chicken selects had more calories and fat than the Big Mac he was avoiding. Alas, I think he's back to Big Macs :-(. I have another friend who honestly thought the chicken nuggets were a healthy choice. Not surprisingly, she and her 4 kids are all overweight.

Quoting justone_jen:

No, it won't make anyone make better choices. The calories are listed on the menu, here. Still, the drive-thru is always slammed.

• lifeforchrist
    October 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM

don't give in! chemicals in their products are known to cause birth defects!

Quoting SadieJames:

I haven't eaten there in eight years (the summer after my freshman year in college I swore it off). I have been craving a burger from there though that I'm blaming on my pregnancy. I haven't given in though!
    I do know I look at the calorie counts on the menu at Panera Bread. I always get a salad so no biggie but its interesting to see some sandwiches are 1,200 calories!

• peaches_04
    October 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    Some of those salads are worse then the sandwiches
    Especially the bacon ranch with crispy chicken

Quoting SadieJames:

I haven't eaten there in eight years (the summer after my freshman year in college I swore it off). I have been craving a burger from there though that I'm blaming on my pregnancy. I haven't given in though!

I do know I look at the calorie counts on the menu at Panera Bread. I always get a salad so no biggie but its interesting to see some sandwiches are 1,200 calories!
  • orangeshirt
    October 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    Our menus just have caloric information. It was interesting to me...I stop there for coffee every now and then since it is only $1 and I was shocked at how low some things are and how crazy high others are (the low end items were much more surprising).

Quoting taurusmom88:

I don't think the law is effective yet, but mcd's is doing a jump start on it. Make em look good I guess. Is it just calories or do they list fat and sodium too?

• SadieJames
    October 1, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    Quoting peaches_04:

I always get the Greek salad. I don't eat much meat, especially pregnant. It's one of my big aversions right now
  • sthflachk
    October 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM
    Don't do it!! Go get yourself a nice REAL juicy burger from somewhere else! Those things at McDonald's are NASTY!!

Quoting SadieJames:

• TTC2Long
    October 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    That's good I guess, but if it's on the wrapper it means the person has already purchased it. Maybe they'll make a better choice next time? Idk, I haven't been to a McD's in at least... 13-14 years

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts