Natural Birth & Parenting

tabi_cat1023
Anyone else notice the change at McDonalds?
September 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Our McD's has the calories listed ON the fries and burgers wrappers and all over the signs.  My son was like mom I think this is strange, but personally I kinda like it.

WHat do you think? Do you think it will help people make healthier choices?

Replies

• Itzgrl101
    September 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM
    Mcdonalds is evil. Period. Nothing they do could make me say anything nice about them :)
  • schultzal
    September 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Australia has required that for awhile, thank goodness. We occasionally get something from a fast food place, and it's nice to see the information easily.

That said, I don't think it encourages people to make healthier choices. Australia is right behind America in their obesity rates (if they haven't surpassed America, yet). Sad.

• sreichelt26
    September 30, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I did, but I heard about it in a news article, so I expected it. I don't know that it'll necessarily make a difference. It doesn't stop me from getting what I want - and that applies to any restaurant (most of whom did this years ago).

• peaches_04
    September 30, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    Im kind of mad at them bc they dont give you an option between fries or apples you get a smaller portion of each now
  • .sp4rkl3z.
    September 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    I hear when you cut all the junk out your tastebuds heal. Interesting! I haven't had pop in 4 weeks and I had one tonight and it burned my throat. Too bad it was so delicious lol!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

I stopped drinking sodas in May and I tried a sip of Pepsi and sprite both of which were my drinks of choice and NOPE they tasted like crap!! I guess its just something that we crave and once we stop eatting/drinking it our tastes change

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

I haven't been there in a long time except went thru for a water the other day and saw the menu is totally different. Haven't seem the wrappers yet because we stopped eating meat. I bought some fries and they tasted like throw up. Crazy because I used to love their fries

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Well I guess its just new here because I asked the lady at the counter and shes said it was the first shipment of the fries bags that have the label

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Well it isnt realy a new change but it doesn't change my order there.

• jconney80
    September 30, 2012 at 9:53 PM
    We actually went there the other day in between two appointments at two different hospitals. I HATE McDonalds!! Gag. But it was that or have a kid screaming for over an hour from being hungry. I did notice that on the menu and was surprised! I didn't know it was new because we never go there. I don't think people will care. I no longer like fast food at all, which is still crazy to me lol
  • soulofsunmama
    September 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    http://science.slashdot.org/story/12/09/25/2330250/fast-food-logos-burned-into-pleasure-center-of-childrens-brains?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Slashdot%2Fslashdot+%28Slashdot%29

Interesting link, but I'm mobile and can't make clicky
  • Nicolle_09
    September 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM

We eat there maybe twice a month as a 'treat' for my oldest and I noticed that the ones we have started doing that some months ago. I heard there is suppost to be a law going into affect that all fast food and sit down resturants have to list the calories

• H.I.S.
    by H.I.S.
    September 30, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I think that if you're going to McDonald's, you aren't there for healthier choices lol! But it is a good thing I suppose.

• JMmama
    by JMmama
    October 1, 2012 at 1:05 AM
    I noticed it. Or rather ODS noticed it. He is obsessed with nutrition labels. I love McDonald's. Shameful, I know.

El Pollo Loco has the calories right on the menu.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts