Natural Birth & Parenting

tabi_cat1023
Anyone else notice the change at McDonalds?
September 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Our McD's has the calories listed ON the fries and burgers wrappers and all over the signs.  My son was like mom I think this is strange, but personally I kinda like it.

WHat do you think? Do you think it will help people make healthier choices?

Replies

• Tree-Tree
    September 30, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    We don't eat there ever
  • tansyflower
    September 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

that is cool!  i only every get their side salad because its crazy cheap (and the only thing i have eat...sigh) and always look at the little bag of dressing to check the carb count lol :)

• 1stpreggers
    September 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    It's been on everything they have here (Vegas ) for about a year I think . I just try to avoid McDonald's lol.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Well I guess its just new here because I asked the lady at the counter and shes said it was the first shipment of the fries bags that have the label

Quoting 1stpreggers:

Well it isnt realy a new change but it doesn't change my order there.

• MaryJarrett
    September 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    I crave mcdoubles while pregnant, and I don't even *like* their burgers normally. It's strange.

Quoting SadieJames:

I haven't eaten there in eight years (the summer after my freshman year in college I swore it off). I have been craving a burger from there though that I'm blaming on my pregnancy. I haven't given in though!

I do know I look at the calorie counts on the menu at Panera Bread. I always get a salad so no biggie but its interesting to see some sandwiches are 1,200 calories!
  • Duquesne
    September 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    They should list ingredients. Lol.
  • justone_jen
    September 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    No, it won't make anyone make better choices. The calories are listed on the menu, here. Still, the drive-thru is always slammed.
  • Ngelulu
    by Ngelulu
    September 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    Quoting Tree-Tree:

We don't eat there ever

THIS
  • .sp4rkl3z.
    September 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    I haven't been there in a long time except went thru for a water the other day and saw the menu is totally different. Haven't seem the wrappers yet because we stopped eating meat. I bought some fries and they tasted like throw up. Crazy because I used to love their fries

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Well I guess its just new here because I asked the lady at the counter and shes said it was the first shipment of the fries bags that have the label

Quoting 1stpreggers:

• tabi_cat1023
    September 30, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I stopped drinking sodas in May and I tried a sip of Pepsi and sprite both of which were my drinks of choice and NOPE they tasted like crap!! I guess its just something that we crave and once we stop eatting/drinking it our tastes change

Quoting .sp4rkl3z.:

I haven't been there in a long time except went thru for a water the other day and saw the menu is totally different. Haven't seem the wrappers yet because we stopped eating meat. I bought some fries and they tasted like throw up. Crazy because I used to love their fries

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Quoting 1stpreggers:

• Itzgrl101
    September 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM
    Mcdonalds is evil. Period. Nothing they do could make me say anything nice about them :)

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN