Natural Birth & Parenting

spopsmama
A bit of encouragement for those with Twins!
April 9, 2011 at 2:40 PM

My friend Tawny just had her babies. yes babies. Twin boys. And she had them naturally!!! Apperantly if one of the twins is in good alignment, then doctor's in Portland Oregon will let you deliver your twins naturally in a hospital setting. The risk of things getting complicated with twins is high enough that a homebirth is not recommended nor are birthing centers (in the state of Oregon) but she was able to deliver her twins naturally at Emanuel Hospital in Portland Oregon. She carried them 35 weeks and was able to bring them home when she was discharged four days later. She had a midwife delivery with two doulas there. She had a beautiful birth experience.

i just hought if anyone that is expecting twins thought that it cannot be done, it can. Tawny is living proof and so are her adorable little twin boys. (now three weeks old). So if you wanted a natural birth with your twins be encouraged that you too can do it!

Replies

• truealaskanmom
    April 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM

that is great, I know of a few natural twin births as well and youtube has tons of twin homebirths which are awesome 

• doulala
    by doulala
    April 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Congrats-congrats to her!
    :-D

Portland is a pretty great area for natural birth.   But moms can legally have midwife-attended twin births at home.   I know laws vary month-to-month with birth centers lol, but they can do them at home.
    :-)

• peanut06
    April 10, 2011 at 1:29 AM

One of the ladies in my local breastfeeding group had her twin girls vaginally without pitocin or pain meds in a hospital, around 39 weeks.  But, they made her deliver in the OR "just in case" something went wrong.  Western Kentucky, go figure...

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN