Natural Birth & Parenting

doulala
What's your favorite type of birth control?
by doulala
February 8, 2011 at 2:14 AM

?

Replies

• truealaskanmom
    February 8, 2011 at 2:18 AM

I don't have one.  THe one we use works but makes the experience less fun

• Pandapanda
    February 8, 2011 at 2:32 AM

I don't like BC. I've only tried hormonal types, and I believe 100% that hormones in the pills/ring/patch are why I am still having bleeding issues off and on at almost 7mo pp. Letting nature take it's course, and tracking my cycles/nfp will be what we use from now on.

• RugersMommy06
    February 8, 2011 at 6:51 AM

none! but I use the mini-pill for now.

• WholeFoodsMom
    February 8, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Pregnant.... so none right now. :) I'm looking at the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Definitely not going with hormonal BC this time around. I'm a little worried about getting a surprise... but we'll work this natural stuff out! 

• NatNatsmama
    February 8, 2011 at 10:18 AM

FAM(fertility awareness method) I am going to go back to this once I am done breastfeeding but for now we use condoms.

• hillmom
    by hillmom
    February 8, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Natural Familt Planing (NFP)/ Fertility Awarness Method (FAM)

• peanut06
    February 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM

For now, ecological breastfeeding.  Once AF returns (and since he's breastfeeding even better than his sister, still hasn't started foods at 6 months, and AF returned with her around 14 months, I'm hoping to make 18-20 months), I'll be charting CM/CP, and we'll be abstaining at the appropriate times.  We've used hormonal bc (hated it and will NEVER do it again, even if I didn't have a clotting condition now), condoms, and diaphragm.  I guess of those 3, I'd say my favorite was diaphragm for ease of use, comfort, "green" factor (not throwing away a latex every time), and lack of artificial hormones.  Also, hubby's new job is kind of bc--he's working on the riverboats, 28 days away at a time and only home 14.

Clara

• DixieFlower
    February 8, 2011 at 11:27 AM

I like the Nuvaring when I used it. However, since I'm still trying to bf as much as possible I'm not on anything right now.

• jescgrl
    by jescgrl
    February 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Quoting hillmom:

Natural Familt Planing (NFP)/ Fertility Awarness Method (FAM)

• Roadfamily6now
    February 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Quoting hillmom:

Natural Family Planing (NFP)/ Fertility Awarness Method (FAM)

This ^  and if I needed something more I'd choose the cooper IUD. I don't do hormones.

Natural Birth & Parenting

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN