Natural Birth & Parenting

truealaskanmom
Do you?
November 16, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Do you think about the people in the groups on CM when you are in labor and want to make them proud of you?

I know I did in my labor I wanted so badly to do it the right way and wanted to basically put my money where my mouth was. lol!!  My doula even brought them up once or twice about how proud they were going to be if only I could hold on a little longer. 

Replies

• vances_mom
    November 16, 2010 at 5:47 PM
    LOL :-) YES! I do!
  • hillmom
    by hillmom
    November 16, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I only had one birth while begin a CM member. I didn't give one thought about the groups, until it was all over and I wanted to share my birth story. 

• doulala
    by doulala
    November 17, 2010 at 12:09 AM
    okay, that teared me up...........
  • Roadfamily6now
    November 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Yes I did! You know, you needed that verbal reminder and motivation to help you. I think it worked. :)

• Hrivera5
    November 17, 2010 at 12:12 AM

So many natural birthers on here have made SUCH a difference in my ways of thinking...I have learned so much from them.  So, when I do have my homebirth I know I am going to be thinking about them and show them that their words really helped me :)  You, (trealaskanmom) and Doulala are among those :)  I think that all the advice (even if you were answering someone else's question) will be with me and a great motivator for me as I have my first natural birth!

• doulala
    by doulala
    November 17, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Quoting Hrivera5:

So many natural birthers on here have made SUCH a difference in my ways of thinking...I have learned so much from them.  So, when I do have my homebirth I know I am going to be thinking about them and show them that their words really helped me :)  You, (trealaskanmom) and Doulala are among those :)  I think that all the advice (even if you were answering someone else's question) will be with me and a great motivator for me as I have my first natural birth!

Yes!!
    We will be with you~

:-D

That's great to hear!

HUGS!!!

• DixieFlower
    November 17, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I actually didn't think about CM until after the epi was in. Then all I could think about was all the comments I was going to hear when I posted my birth story. How once again I had requested the pain medication even though I fully intended to have an unmedicated birth.

• palemoon21
    November 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM

lol I did actually think of some of you ladies! Doulala and SillyJesse in particular. They both popped into my head during some really intense contractions....and I remembered advice that I had gotten from them. Thanks to those awesome ladies, I was able to cope more with the pain of labor.

As for everyone else, I was so excited to finally post about Malachi being born since everyone was so supportive and caring during my hell-a-shish weeks of preodomal labor. lol

Natural Birth & Parenting