IUD Support Group

ZarinaBlue
Trying to figure out what to do next.... Post Paraguard.
August 15, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I am trying to figure out which direction to travel in the hopes of finding suitable birth control. For 6 years I had Paraguard and I finally could not take the CONSTANT spotting and bleeding. You know how you have those underwear for "that time of the month" (I call them period panties, tacky, I know)? Yeah, that was pretty much my whole drawer after the first year.

Had the IUD removed about a month ago and I no longer have the bleeding, but now I am at a loss as to what to do about BC. I thought about going Mirena but I am beginning to wonder how smart that is...

Background info: Late 30's, one child, want to have more at some point, stable relationship. I used to smoke but I have been devoted to the ecig now for over a year, (YAY!). I originally got the copper IUD because I was over 30 and smoked. I really wanted to try Mirena but now I am terrified. Should I be?

Replies

• Karla1948
    August 21, 2012 at 6:37 AM

I'm at a loss, I wore a ParaGard for 20 years altogether. I finally had it removed because I no longer needed it. Good luck with your dilemma. \

What I did want to say is, congrats on the E-Cig! I gave it a try, didn't work for me, I'm still on real cancer-sticks.

• madisonsma08
    August 23, 2012 at 11:36 PM
    Make sure you do lots of research on Mirena. I know a lot more issues are starting come out with it. I personally don't know what to do now I just had mirena taken out (well I kind took it out. I couldn't wait any longer). I am not in a place to have another kid tight now but I have to loose this crazy weight it made me gain before I can do anything :(

IUD Support Group

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts