IUD Support Group

ZarinaBlue
Trying to figure out what to do next.... Post Paraguard.
August 15, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I am trying to figure out which direction to travel in the hopes of finding suitable birth control. For 6 years I had Paraguard and I finally could not take the CONSTANT spotting and bleeding. You know how you have those underwear for "that time of the month" (I call them period panties, tacky, I know)? Yeah, that was pretty much my whole drawer after the first year.

Had the IUD removed about a month ago and I no longer have the bleeding, but now I am at a loss as to what to do about BC. I thought about going Mirena but I am beginning to wonder how smart that is...

Background info: Late 30's, one child, want to have more at some point, stable relationship. I used to smoke but I have been devoted to the ecig now for over a year, (YAY!). I originally got the copper IUD because I was over 30 and smoked. I really wanted to try Mirena but now I am terrified. Should I be?

Replies

• Karla1948
    August 21, 2012 at 6:37 AM

I'm at a loss, I wore a ParaGard for 20 years altogether. I finally had it removed because I no longer needed it. Good luck with your dilemma. \

What I did want to say is, congrats on the E-Cig! I gave it a try, didn't work for me, I'm still on real cancer-sticks.

• madisonsma08
    August 23, 2012 at 11:36 PM
    Make sure you do lots of research on Mirena. I know a lot more issues are starting come out with it. I personally don't know what to do now I just had mirena taken out (well I kind took it out. I couldn't wait any longer). I am not in a place to have another kid tight now but I have to loose this crazy weight it made me gain before I can do anything :(

IUD Support Group

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN