IUD Support Group

dodge941
new and not sure about the IUD I already had inserted
March 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Hi, after I had our two wonderful boys I heard that the cramps would be less after baby but they got worse a year after my last boy. two weeks ago I got the IUD merina put in for less periods and birth control cause we are done. hubby and I have waited to have sex like recomeneded and no tampons and no baths...has everyone else had this no no list? I have also felt more bitchy lately maybe Im just having a few bad days but I feel like crap.  all I want to do is eat also...i feel like a pig. go figure. Im hoping someone has the same problem right out of the gate....oh and i already had my period before the insertion and had bleeding in the begining which i thought was normal and now yesterday I had a flow day...bla

Replies

• mommaslilmen
    March 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

heres a bump, i had a paraguard so i dont know about the hormone related questions. i remember being told no sex but was able to use a tampon right after my dr inserted my iud (i had it put in during my period, and it was normal cycle before my next one

• dodge941
    March 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM

thank you for your reply I really appreciate the feed back.

• ShyTayMommy
    May 30, 2012 at 7:52 PM

i got my insert two days ago i asked my dr. besides what was in the brochure is there anything i need to know, and he said I can have sex, I never heard that you cant have baths and no tampons though

• kaysea2012
    June 19, 2012 at 1:21 PM

i was given the ok to have sex the first day, tampons, and baths, just no douching.

i feel you on the eating all the time and OMG i crave sweets all day every day!!!!!!! i go nuts if i don't have something sweet to snack on all day. i am constantly moody..and having tons of cramps in my lower belly, kinda feels like period cramps at times, but no period in 2 months. i got mine inserted in february 2012....i had sex the first day, only reason they say no sex is because they don't want yoiu to risk getting pregnant, but if you got mirena then it's effected right after inserted!! :D

good luck!!

IUD Support Group