Pagan & Proud

celticwych
How to Make Pagan Prayer Beads
September 2, 2012 at 9:42 AM

paganwiccan.about.com

In many magical traditions and religious paths, the use of beads can be a meditative and magical exercise. Why not assemble a set of beads that holds meaning to you.

Replies

• BlessedBeX3
    November 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM
    Wow all of those are so beautiful :) I just may have to have a crack at that! Is it okay to use hemp string? I also have crystals but how do I tell if they are real they were on a necklace when I got them and one I actually got in the pendant section of a craft store called Michael's.
  • artio.sd
    November 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM
    Quoting BlessedBeX3:

Wow all of those are so beautiful :) I just may have to have a crack at that! Is it okay to use hemp string? I also have crystals but how do I tell if they are real they were on a necklace when I got them and one I actually got in the pendant section of a craft store called Michael's.

I used hemp line on my one set because I wanted to keep it as natural as possible. I liked it. As for the crystals I'm not really sure.
  • may8675309
    Oak
    November 30, 2012 at 8:15 AM

My second set, a Moon Goddess set.
  • KrystalleMarie
    March 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM

This is my witches ladder:) It can be hung in the home for protection or also used as prayer beads. Its very old though, it was my grandmothers but the best thing about it is that you can unbraid the yarn to add or take away beads. I've only added. Its magickal to me because even though I have added beads to it, the yarn used is the one my grandmother bought 50 years ago!!!! Thanks for letting me share:)

• PinaiAngelPai15
    March 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    Thx for this. I make jewelry for family for the holidays but I never thought to make anything for myself. This will be the first thing I make for myself. Haha
  • Zazayam
    by Zazayam
    March 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I really really like this.

Quoting MabFae:

I've made a couple of sets, but they aren't much like anything I've read about. I just kinda...followed my gut. Amethyst and quartz with a Goddess bead and a Tree of Life pendant. 

• MabFae
    by MabFae
    April 2, 2013 at 11:16 AM

They probably aren't real, however that shouldn't really matter. You put your energy into the ladder/prayer beads when you make it, and it wouldn't matter if you had paper beads, plastic pony beads, or the most expensive diamonds on there.

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

• EyreFan
    by EyreFan
    Oak
    September 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM

I have the Pagan Prayer Beads book, too! I keep meaning to make a set, but haven't found the right materials yet.

Quoting RhiannonMare:

I'm making a set right now using jasper. I have a really good book about called Pagan Prayer Beads by John Michael Greer and Clare Vaughan. The book is perfect for me, because Greer and Vaughan are both Druids, so they give a lot of ideas on how to create Druidic jewelry. But they cover other Pagan paths as well in their book.

Other books that have some really beautiful pieces and some great and creative ideas are Beading in No Time by Linda Peterson, Easy Beaded Jewelry by Susan Ray and Sue Wilke, Enchanted Adornments by Cynthia Thorton and Jewelry Designs From Nature by Heather Powers.

• redhead-bedhead
    September 23, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Mine is a full necklace, because I always run my fingers over my pendents when I'm in deep thought or anxious. The silver on some of my beads is fading or chipping off. I plan on making another set.

Pagan & Proud