Pure Goodness Daily

ChelseaNDay
Goldfish Bento for Fruity Fun
March 28 at 12:00 AM

I've made my family's health a BIG priority this year, and part of that is making sure my kids get plenty of fruit and vegetables every day. If you're like me and looking for a sweet snack to incorporate new tastes, try this contemplative little fish!

I've seen a few orange and mandarin fish bentos over on Pinterest, and the underwater ones are always a hit. Food artist Ida Frosk inspired this one, which I made by simply peeling a Halo and laying the segments out in the shape of a goldfish. Add a raisin eye, strawberry lips, some spinach seaweed and cauliflower bubbles to make it come to life.

Some other ways to have fun with fruit include creating a fruit petting zoo to show kids the many varieties and textures that are available. There is so much to explore beyond the traditional “apple a day.” Bust out of the breakfast banana routine and try something new!

Does your family incorporate fruit into their diet in interesting ways?

Replies

• SweetLuci
    March 28 at 2:50 AM

That's really adorable.

• SweetLuci
    March 28 at 2:51 AM

I like doing different things with fruit, as in fruit salads, adding fruit to cole slaw or carrot-raisin salad andrab salad. Smoothies, and even in some entres.

• TigerofMu
    March 28 at 7:58 AM

That is hilariously fun!  My kids just eat it.  I've never made fruit sculptures ore veggie castles, but that is really cool!

• johnny4ever
    March 28 at 8:26 AM

I sneak it in if I can

• celestegood
    March 28 at 8:58 AM
    That's cute.
  • jessicasmom1
    March 28 at 9:23 AM

cute idea!!

• TerriC
    by TerriC
    March 28 at 9:34 AM

I did more so when they were little.  Now, I make fruit salad.  Everyone loves it and takes it in their lunches.

• jen113000
    March 28 at 9:44 AM
    That's cute! But we just cut it up and eat it. My kids love eating fruit! No issues there at all.
  • krys1025
    March 28 at 9:54 AM
    They just eat it. They love fruit. That's a cute idea.
  • timon95
    by timon95
    March 28 at 11:01 AM

no, my kids just eat them normal without me having to make them into animal shapes

Pure Goodness Daily

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN