The Venting Booth

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Officially the strict parent
by Anonymous
December 7 at 8:53 AM
You know immediately you will forever be viewed as the strict and boring parent when you hear your husband downstairs telling your 2 year-old, “don’t throw that at the Christmas tree, throw this.” 😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
I thought I had told my husband we were going to have a one finger touch rule with the Christmas tree, the lights, the ornaments. I guess I neglected to say we’re going to have a no throw rule also when it comes to the Christmas tree. My bad!
Why do men have such a difficult time with common sense discipline and staying on the same page with mommy? I don’t think setting expectations for the Christmas tree is a bad thing, boundaries are good especially when it comes to something that can be breakable. Talk about not being on the same page whatsoever. Ugh!!!! 😩🤬😤

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    December 7 at 9:08 AM
    No you're officially the lunatic parent. Seek therapy.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    December 7 at 9:11 AM

Because parenting is difficult and men don't like to have to do anything difficult or unpopular at home.  But on here, men are god because they have a penis and sometimes a paycheck and are never, ever wrong. 

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    December 7 at 10:01 AM
    Mine doesn't. I didn't marry a man child.
  • Linda_Runs
    December 7 at 10:13 AM

That's because men can be like children themselves.

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    December 7 at 10:33 AM

You have a challenging holiday season ahead of you.

At this point we have "don't eat the tree" rule, but that is the cats and not the kids.  Ours are old enough to leave the tree alone.  However, presents that we think were touched without our knowledge will disappear and never return.

• Sassytwinmom
    December 7 at 11:40 AM

Why would he think throwing ANYTHING at the tree was acceptable? that I don't understand. Why would ANYONE think that was okay. My ex never did that and would probably look at me like I've gone mad if I mentioned it. 

what's the one touch one finger rule?

• Linda_Runs
    December 7 at 12:03 PM

Agreed.

Quoting Sassytwinmom:

Why would he think throwing ANYTHING at the tree was acceptable? that I don't understand. Why would ANYONE think that was okay. My ex never did that and would probably look at me like I've gone mad if I mentioned it. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    December 7 at 12:21 PM
    Instead of No touch itmeans you can use one finger, preferably your pointer finger, to touch objects that are more fragile. It’s hard when trees up for four weeks to maintain a strict no touch policy especially with a 26 month old, so I thought that learning how to be gentle and careful is more beneficial in the long run. he’s done very well when he’s around me, he actually uses his pointer finger and just touches very gently the branch, the light, one ornament. It also prevents grabbing stuff and pulling things off the tree. And then when he does a great job I can give him a lot of positive reinforcement which will help him to continue to use One finger. Working great, I just wish my dear sweet husband would reinforce that rule when they’re alone with the tree.

Quoting Sassytwinmom:

• Anonymous 1
    December 7 at 12:22 PM
    AGREED!!!!

Quoting Linda_Runs:

Agreed.

Quoting Sassytwinmom:

• Anonymous 1
    December 7 at 1:16 PM
    What do you mean? Why am I the lunatic ? I can’t tell if you’re insulting me or if you are sarcastically saying that I’m going to go crazy in this house. LOL!

Quoting Anonymous 2: No you're officially the lunatic parent. Seek therapy.

The Venting Booth

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts