The Venting Booth

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Can't believe DH said this
by Anonymous
March 18 at 3:35 AM
After losing 20 pounds since February 2013, I gained about 5 back. I'm 5'3" and have always had chunky legs and calves. My thighs got smaller but calves stayed the same.

I was trying on a dress for a cousin's wedding in May and asked DH what he thought. Looked me up and down, "starting to get a little cankly, baby."

Speechless. Said, they've always been this way. I have Body Dysmorphia, and I know I'm sensitive about stupid things but his response to my same-size "cankles"?

"Wow. Genetics are not good to you."

Are you f*cking KIDDING me? All I could do was storm out, grabbed a pillow and blanket to sleep on the couch. He went to bed. No apology or anything. Am I overreacting?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    March 19 at 8:37 PM
    Thank you. I know I asked his opinion but he knew it was the dress I was asking about. It doesn't justify his behavior. He knows he's in the wrong for saying that, his genes aren't perfect. It pisses me off that that rolled off his tongue without a second thought.

Quoting Anonymous:

You gotta love how people act like it was entirely appropriate for him to say that just because you asked his opinion...

I mean I get that the truth hurts, but do we tell our friends, our loved ones, people that we are supposed to "love" that they are fat or ugly or whatever may be blatantly obvious just because they ask our opinion?  Generally not, we may soften the blow a bit to ease the hit... But "genetics in not good to you" is not softening the blow, even if it is true.

I swear, you gotta wonder how some people were raised.

• jennibun86
    March 19 at 9:00 PM

men are so mean at times I'm sorry wish I could give you a hug. 

• jamamama00
    March 19 at 9:18 PM
    Sounds abusive to me.....
  • singlemom327
    March 19 at 9:24 PM

I doesn't matter that you asked for his opinion....he should have been more considerate of your feelings. I'd be hurt as well. Sorry you went through that... 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 19 at 9:26 PM

so how much do you weigh after the weight loss?  If you have cankles you have cankles.  Get over it.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 19 at 9:26 PM
    Why are you with such a jackass? He knows you have bidy dysmorphia and still says crap like that?!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 19 at 9:50 PM
    Your welcome. We both know he knew you were asking for his opinion on the dress. He just took the chance to take a cheap shot...

Quoting Anonymous: Thank you. I know I asked his opinion but he knew it was the dress I was asking about. It doesn't justify his behavior. He knows he's in the wrong for saying that, his genes aren't perfect. It pisses me off that that rolled off his tongue without a second thought.

Quoting Anonymous:

You gotta love how people act like it was entirely appropriate for him to say that just because you asked his opinion...

I mean I get that the truth hurts, but do we tell our friends, our loved ones, people that we are supposed to "love" that they are fat or ugly or whatever may be blatantly obvious just because they ask our opinion?  Generally not, we may soften the blow a bit to ease the hit... But "genetics in not good to you" is not softening the blow, even if it is true.

I swear, you gotta wonder how some people were raised.

• ayacocca
    March 19 at 9:59 PM
    This

Quoting jennibun86:

men are so mean at times I'm sorry wish I could give you a hug. 

• TCain0001
    March 19 at 10:12 PM

That would have hurt me, too.  However, I'd have had a smartass comeback on the order of "Thanks for telling me.  Oh, btw, you might want to have the doctor do something about your overly short dick!"  Hit him in his ego and let him see how it feels!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    March 19 at 11:23 PM

Um. No. That reminds me of my EX husband. I put EX in capitals on purpose. To make him happy and to loose weight fast enough I ended up throwing up all my food. I tried major diets and constant working out and I couldn't loose weight fast enough for him.

Sorry, don't mean to be disrespectful to your marriage but FUCK HIM! If he doesn't love you for you then he can go eat shit and you can go live happily ever after with someone else. 

The Venting Booth

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts