The Venting Booth

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Can't believe DH said this
by Anonymous
March 18 at 3:35 AM
After losing 20 pounds since February 2013, I gained about 5 back. I'm 5'3" and have always had chunky legs and calves. My thighs got smaller but calves stayed the same.

I was trying on a dress for a cousin's wedding in May and asked DH what he thought. Looked me up and down, "starting to get a little cankly, baby."

Speechless. Said, they've always been this way. I have Body Dysmorphia, and I know I'm sensitive about stupid things but his response to my same-size "cankles"?

"Wow. Genetics are not good to you."

Are you f*cking KIDDING me? All I could do was storm out, grabbed a pillow and blanket to sleep on the couch. He went to bed. No apology or anything. Am I overreacting?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    March 18 at 3:38 AM
    That would have hurt me ... I'm sorry he said that .
  • EmilysMom2010
    March 18 at 3:39 AM
    What a fucking asshole.
  • thefiregoddess
    March 18 at 3:53 AM
    He would be sleeping on the porch.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 18 at 4:31 AM
    I'm too nice. Ugh. I can't even believe he didn't apologize or say goodnight. Nothing. Just "oh well" attitude, while I'm on the couch.

Quoting thefiregoddess: He would be sleeping on the porch.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    March 18 at 4:35 AM
    That would hurt me. I was shopping with my friend and her ex and she saw a dress and said what do you think and he said it would look better on "my name". I felt so bad her her I told him off.

Quoting Anonymous: After losing 20 pounds since February 2013, I gained about 5 back. I'm 5'3" and have always had chunky legs and calves. My thighs got smaller but calves stayed the same.

I was trying on a dress for a cousin's wedding in May and asked DH what he thought. Looked me up and down, "starting to get a little cankly, baby."

Speechless. Said, they've always been this way. I have Body Dysmorphia, and I know I'm sensitive about stupid things but his response to my same-size "cankles"?

"Wow. Genetics are not good to you."

Are you f*cking KIDDING me? All I could do was storm out, grabbed a pillow and blanket to sleep on the couch. He went to bed. No apology or anything. Am I overreacting?
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    March 18 at 4:38 AM
    You asked an opinion and got an honest answer and now you're pissed, amazing.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 18 at 4:41 AM
    Except he didn't mention shit about the dress. That was what I wanted his opinion on.

Quoting Anonymous: You asked an opinion and got an honest answer and now you're pissed, amazing.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    March 18 at 4:44 AM
    LOL.

Quoting Anonymous: Except he didn't mention shit about the dress. That was what I wanted his opinion on.

Quoting Anonymous: You asked an opinion and got an honest answer and now you're pissed, amazing.
  • Purgatorian
    March 18 at 6:17 AM
    What a dick.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    March 18 at 9:47 AM
    Honestly, you asked . Men aren't the best at being sensitive and sometimes don't word things the best, so you have to be careful when asking some men for advice. Don't ask if you don't want to hear something that might hurt. My husband will tell me ( if I ask) if something doesn't look right on me or if I've put on a few , but he's careful not to say it in a hurtful way. Some men just say it however the like and it comes out hurtful. Ask yourself is what he said true? Did he say it the right way, no. Does he still love you, I'm sure he does, but he was insensitive. Talk to him about how it made you feel, then move past it.

The Venting Booth

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts