TV Talk

RatherBeReading
Newbie here :)
March 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I found this group seeing if there was anyone to discuss Celeb Wife Swap with on Cafemom, lol :)

I am Rebecca....SAHM to 3 daughters, who are 5, almost 9, and 10.  I do not watch as much TV as I would like because 1)I only have the basic channels 2) I do not have DVR and 3) It bugs me to watch too much stuff online. I find shows I like and then wait for the whole season to come out on DVD or Netflix.

Favorite shows....Bones is #1...Pretty Little Liars....The Lying Game. Those are the ones I really keep up with all the time.

I also like Revenge, The Following (I am a few weeks behind on both of those) and True Blood. Just getting into Celeb Wife Swap.

Replies

• pixie124
    March 6, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Welcome to the board Rebecca.  I know my partner in crime, Lisa(not me the other one...lol) will watch Celeb Wife Swap if she remembers to.  Last week she forgot.  lol.

On your list I watch Bones, The Following and True Blood.  I won't spoil you about The Following but I will let you know it has been renewed for next year.  Just curious since your handle is RatherBeReading have you read the series that True Blood is based off of?  I have read all of the books except the last two.

• RatherBeReading
    March 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I did see The Following was renewed, which I am excited about! 

Yes, I have read the Southern Vampire series, up through #11 so far. I got burned out reading them all in a row when #12 came out, so I have not read 12 or 13 yet. I need to go back and read them. I also read the Lily Bard series (she makes a brief apperance in the Southern Vampire series), and the Harper Connelly series by the same author....she is a great author.

• pixie124
    March 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM

That is EXACTLY what happened to me.  I read all of the books in a row, just devoured them but was SO burnt out by number 12.  I started reading them during the middle of the first season of True Blood and for me that season was so much better then the book itself.  Rarely do I say that but I enjoy that the TV series is more then just about Sookie.  The book is just so completely from Sookie's perspective that getting to know the other characters is a nice change.  And I'm Completely into Eric so for me the TV series has not done justice at all towards the Eric/Sookie relationship which completely bums me.  It's almost like the TV series wants you to be more into Bill(even though he was nasty last year) then Eric.  Oh and like I have told my hubby...now the TV series is not even close to the books in comparison.  Last season he kept asking me questions and I told him, Heck if I know they didn't even happen in the books.  lol.

Quoting RatherBeReading:

I did see The Following was renewed, which I am excited about! 

Yes, I have read the Southern Vampire series, up through #11 so far. I got burned out reading them all in a row when #12 came out, so I have not read 12 or 13 yet. I need to go back and read them. I also read the Lily Bard series (she makes a brief apperance in the Southern Vampire series), and the Harper Connelly series by the same author....she is a great author.

• LisaLoopner
    March 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Hi Rebecca and welcome!    I haven't been watching Celebrity Wife Swap, but I love that show and really should add it to my DVR list.

I saw (in a different post) that you live near Candice Glover... so you're in SC?   I live in the Myrtle Beach area so I was curious how close you are to here.   I'm not exactly sure where Candice is from - I know it's a coastal town, though.

Welcome to TV Talk!!

welcome

• RatherBeReading
    March 6, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    I live in Hardeeville (right next to Savannah), she is from St. Helena, which is a bit north, and where my husband has been working the last few months.
  • LisaLoopner
    March 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Ohhhhhh okay, so you're pretty far down there!   I have a niece who goes to college in Savannah, but I've only ever driven down there and past there to get to Florida.   

It's nice to have another SC girl here.    :)

Quoting RatherBeReading:

I live in Hardeeville (right next to Savannah), she is from St. Helena, which is a bit north, and where my husband has been working the last few months.

TV Talk

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts