The Relaxation Room

x_Starr_x
Not sure if this would be a vent...
May 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Alot of people post about how they hate there mil and some have valid points and some petty well I wish my mil was alive she passed in a car accident I was 14 my husband was 18 I did however got to know her before she passed away but I hate that 15 years later my husband still greives and I hate that my sons will never know there gma and since I knew her prior it sucks I dont have here around in our lives idk it just sucks. My husband only has his 2 sisters thats all the family he has left his dad died in 04 he was not a nice man so I dont care to much for him. But anyways it would just be nice if my mil was still alive.

Replies

• Basherte
    May 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM

You could always keep her alive in your house. Tell your kids about her. What she was like, how much you loved her. Funny stories, endearing stories.

Write a book about it. Doesn't have to be publishable quality. Just write down your thoughts and feelings about her.

I'm trying to do that about my parents, because both are dead, and have been for a long time.

I get started fine, then have to stop because it brings tears to my eyes. Yet I can talk about them and be fine. Writing it down is just too hard for me right now.

My MIL is supposedly trying to get her life back in order right now. I'll believe it when I see it. (bad times, lots of things she has done to me and us) If she is trying to get her life back on track, then I will support her 100%. I just keep remembering all the stuff she has done when I hear her voice. 

I would have to hear an apology before I could even think about letting her in this house. My husband is talking to her lately. I'm not.  She is his mother, and I will never tell him that he can't have a relationship with her. (she is not who raised him, he didn't even know who she was for the longest time) I just know that she isn't putting us or my youngest son through the things that she has put our older son through or the things she put my husband through. I won't allow it.

• TheDoctorsWife
    May 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM

bad

I remember that of course

• x_Starr_x
    May 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    It sucks me and james were talking about it the other day how we wish the boys had her around plus you know my parents dont take gauge so he kinda gets the shit end of the stick and I know this baby will too.

Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

bad

I remember that of course

• TheDoctorsWife
    May 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM

This is off topic, but I've been trying to get in touch with you!

• x_Starr_x
    May 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    Ya ive been busy and had some issues ive been at the docs a bit

Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

• TheDoctorsWife
    May 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Pfft!!!

Kidding. Hope everything is ok

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

• x_Starr_x
    May 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    Ive had some bleeding issues some cervical issues and a nasty infection

Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

Pfft!!!

Kidding. Hope everything is ok

Quoting x_Starr_x:

Quoting TheDoctorsWife:

• little.worthen
    May 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    I'm sorry, that's tough )=
    My MIL drives me nuts sometimes but I try to have a positive outlook
  • mamabear0791
    May 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I feel the same way, even though I knew my mama in law for longer. I met her when I was 12 at my church, and then when I met her son 8 years later, fell for him partly because of her. She has been gone since 2007, and I grieve more openly for her than my hubby does ( he was relieved that she no longer suffered Parkinson's Disease). She was the most wonderful person I have ever met. 

I do wish that she was here today, too. Hugs!

The Relaxation Room

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN