BACK YARD FARMS / AND GARDENING

LFosterfarm
eucalyptus oil for grease stains??? piog
July 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Natural Grease Stain Solution

Welcome! You can now purchase my natural products, such as salves and magnesium lotion, through my on-line store, which is restocked every Monday afternoon. Also, I would like to thank in advance those of you who choose to purchase through affiliate links on my site. You will be getting a product or service that I believe in and at the same time I will be blessed by your support. I receive a small amount of money from the company, but it doesn't cost you a penny extra!

When I began to make changes to detox my life as we moved towards more natural living, one thing that I had trouble with was finding a good option for removing grease stains from clothing. None of the crazy expensive all-natural stain removers worked and the toxic synthetic ones just weren’t an option I was comfortable with using. After much trial and error, I finally found a safe, natural and effective solution!

So, what is a natural mama to do when a big ol’ grease stain ends up on one of her favorite shirts?? I gracefully dribbled grease down the front of my shirt while biting into a sausage, which you can see in the photo on the left. Here’s what I did to save my shirt from the grease stain without dousing it in nasty toxins.

1. Dab off as much grease as possible.
  2. Apply real eucalyptus essential oil to the stain. This stain only required a few drops- most stains need just one or two drops.
  3. Let it work for 10-15 minutes.
  4. Wash in whatever temperature is best for the material. For this shirt, I could only use cold water. If the material can handle it, warm water would work even better.
  5. DO NOT put the clothing into the dryer- just air dry. If the stain isn’t completely removed, apply eucalyptus oil and wash, again.

Most of the time, it only takes one application. For this stain, there is still a tiny hint of the original grease stain, so I’ll reapply and rewash. Always be sure that the stain is completely gone by air drying before putting the clothing through the dryer. The heat from the dryer can “set” the stain.

There you have it! This method works even better than those toxic sprays and gels, and eucalyptus oil is something we keep on hand, anyway. I have never had the oil fade the fabric, but you might want to test in an inconspicuous place, first.

Replies

There aren't any replies to this post. Be the first to reply!

BACK YARD FARMS / AND GARDENING

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts