CafeMom Team
What Are the Questions You Should Ask Someone Before You Marry Them?
January 26 at 8:28 PM

We all know the big issues we have to cover when we're courting, but what are the little nit-picky questions we should ask before we get married? Ericka Souter, editor from The Stir, is here to talk about those little details of life that can make a big difference in your marriage!

Replies

• jessicasmom1
    January 27 at 9:31 AM

I can not see this video

• Madelaine
    January 27 at 9:35 AM

Couldnt see it.  I will check later and see if it is fixed.

• sarahjz
    by sarahjz
    January 27 at 10:37 AM

Interesting insight.  I agree that it is important to know these type of things before making a lifelong commitment.

• jessicasmom1
    January 27 at 10:38 AM

thank you! hahahhahaah Chuck . Just agree in life and things can go easier... 

• ceciliam
    January 27 at 10:58 AM

We never asked questions, really. We just got to know one another and didn't get married until 10 years after we started dating. I think people sometimes want to make things too complicated.

• Wish2Be
    by Wish2Be
    January 27 at 11:03 AM

While I dont think that asking how often your mom is going to visit is going to be a good question to ask.... I do think you want to leave some room for some mystery.

I love Chuck he is always real with a hint of hilarious ! :P

I think I would ask what his stand on chores and companionship is....does he feel that since he is the man he works and the wife cleans?

• brittany208
    January 27 at 11:23 AM

i got a book of questions to ask before you are married and asked a ton of them. i think it is important to know what to expect going into marriage bc people have different expectations without realzing it.

of couse, talking about things ahead of time doesnt help when you change your mind about things, but i still think its very important.

• Lizzys_mommy13
    January 27 at 11:28 AM
    This was definitely a good video! The chick that hired the investigator sounds creepy! LOL
    In all honesty, I asked all the right questions and felt that I really knew my husband before we got married. I feel now like a lot of things were lied to me about, but we have been consistently working on things as they come up. Relationships are hard, and I don't think there will ever be a time where I don't learn something new about my husband or have something that we have to work on. We've been married 5 years and have been through a lot. Neither one of us are the same as we used to be.
  • timon95
    by timon95
    January 27 at 11:42 AM

people change, so it doesn't matter how many questions are asked. new research comes out, new friends are made. view points change. you can talk, ask questions,agree on things and once married change. we agreed on 4 kids, after the 2nd dh changed his mind. we discussed school for the kids and me working. i am sahm and i homeschool. things change

• la_bella_vita
    January 27 at 12:23 PM

We discussed everything before getting married. Children, money and life goals. We have been happily married and have never dealt with any serious issues. Only minor. Open and honest is the key.

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN