CafeMom Team
How do we prepare our kids for dating?
August 5, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Chuck is making sure his daughter doesn't start dating without knowing 3 simple rules.

How do we prepare our kids for dating?

Replies

• IncognitoOne
    August 5, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I agree with him.

Don't text someone to ask for a date/don't go on a date with someone who won't ask you face to face.

You don't go anywhere alone with anyone unless I've met them.

Be gentlemen, respect your date, pay her way/Don't date guys who don't respect you, he should pay for your date...if he doesn't it should be the last date.

• dusky_rose
    August 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM

LOL Chuck is so right!

• johnny4ever
    August 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I agree with his tips!I have a boy though!

• brittany208
    August 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    I don't know about the "don't text" thing. that's how kids these days communicate.
  • brittany208
    August 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    I don't know about the "don't text" thing. that's how kids these days communicate.
  • 4kidz916
    August 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I like his rules but I'm not as strict about the no texting.  Kids these days only seem to know how to communicate online or by text.  I also taught my oldest daughter that the guy should pay if he asks you out but I also told her that if she got on the date and didn't like the direction it was heading (ie, he gave off the vibe that he may expect something in return since he was treating her) then she should be prepared to say that's ok, I've got my check.  

• Leelee1008
    August 5, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I love his rules!

• Leelee1008
    August 5, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I havent even given this much though. I have a 12 year old son, and I just dont even want to think about dating.

• goddess99
    August 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM

LOL all good points!!!

• sukainah
    August 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM

LOL, Chuck is funny!  Gosh, it will be awhile before mine start dating.  I haven't even thought about it lol

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN